1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Zegna Soltex fabric

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnapril, Dec 11, 2004.

1. johnapril

johnapril Distinguished Member

I tried on an Ermenegildo Zegna suit in the cardigan model, flat front pants, made in Soltex (the name of a Zegna fabric, 100% wool). It is light gray with a sheen. Has anyone experience with this fabric? Is $1795 a rip off?

2. jcusey

jcusey Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Soltex is good stuff. It has a lot of the wrinkle-resistant properties of Zegna's High Performance fabric without the extreme dry hand that High Performance has. It takes (intentional) creases well, and is lightweight and extremely breathable. I have a suit and trousers made from it. A lot of people on this forum like to make snarky comments about Zegna, most of which I think are uncalled for. You're not going to find many better-made suits, and Zegna's fabrics are consistently interesting. Still, Zegna charges an awful lot for their clothing. It really only makes sense if you can get it on sale or if you do MTM. Edit: Umm, I meant that you're not going to find many better machine-made suits.

3. johnapril

johnapril Distinguished Member

Thanks for the feedback. I had the "Feather" model MTM in a Heritage fabric a couple of springs ago. One of my favorite suits. I think I'll try one in the Soltex for next spring. Thanks again.