1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Zegna question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stu, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

I saw a Zegna Napoli 15milmil15 blazer for $399, NWT on Ebay. I assume this is a great deal, am I right?

2. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Distinguished Member

IIRC 15 mil is not off the rack- ie, it was perhaps tailored for someone. Check the measurements closely for alterations. Good price though

3. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

Actually, I think it is off the rack, as it is from Saks.

4. naturlaut

naturlaut Senior Member

15 milmil 15 is just a designation of fabric quality used by Zegna as Zegna does not use the Super number. Correct me if I am wrong, 15 milmil 15 correspond to 14 micron wool, and it's the best of Zegna's fabric used in their off-the-rack.

Zegna uses this fabric for regular Zegna line, which many here would frown at, and its Napoli Couture line, which I think has a perfect construction --- provided the styling suits you.

Naturlaut

5. jcusey

jcusey Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Assuming that it's genuine and that nobody has done anything unfortunate to it, yes, it's a great deal.

A 15milmil15 Napoli would probably retail north of $2000. And I've seen some pretty amazing 15milmil15 fabrics, both on Napoli and regular Zegna items.

6. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

Well, here it is. It's got a Saks tag that retails for north of 2k. Looks like a deal, no?

7. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

Naturlaut: The seller calls it a Super 150: Is that equivalent to 14 micron?

8. jcusey

jcusey Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

According to Zegna's website, 15milmil15 fabric is made from fibers that are 15 microns in diameter. According to Holland & Sherry's website, Super 150s fabric is made from fibers that are 15 to 15.5 microns in diameter. Fourteen micron fibers would make a Super 170s fabric.