• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna napoli couture

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I had always thought that Zegna makes the Napoli Couture tailored clothes in their own factories, but I could be mistaken.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After asking about this previously, both here and in Andy's forum, and paying attention to several other Neapolitan companies, I can only gather that Zegna has copied (for the most part) Attolini's style. From the barchetta (boat shaped) pocket, to the high arm holes to the suppressed waist, to the slight "˜pleating' of the sleeves where they are connected to the arm holes. But, I am almost 100% sure that they are indeed made in their own factories.

Jon.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After asking about this previously, both here and in Andy's forum, and paying attention to several other Neapolitan companies, I can only gather that Zegna has copied (for the most part) Attolini's style. From the barchetta (boat shaped) pocket, to the high arm holes to the suppressed waist, to the slight "˜pleating' of the sleeves where they are connected to the arm holes. But, I am almost 100% sure that they are indeed made in their own factories.

Jon.
The comparison to Attolini is quite apt, in my opinion.

discostu004

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
nc60.jpg
nc60a.jpg

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can't say I really like it, probably the photo / monitor make it look dull, must be one of those items that must be seen in real life. But, Zegna Naploi Couture has a lot handiwork and you will not be disappointed. The patterns seem to nicely line up at the shoulders / sleeves (pet peeve of mine), all in all, a winner.

Jon.

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
I love every Napoli Couture piece that I have, and agree that it is right up at the tops in terms of quality. I disagree with imageWIS, and would pick that up if it was in my size.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was just stating my opinion regarding the pattern / color, but like I said it might be an item I have to see in real life, is all. Regarding quality: I always trumpet Napoli Couture (I own 3 suits, 7 shirts and about a dozen ties) as top-tier merchandise. Plus, if everybody in the world had the same tastes, how boring would that be? (I imagine posting a picture of my RLPL {Chester Barrie} lime green herringbone jacket and someone telling me that they do not like it, even though it is very Palm Beach
biggrin.gif
). Jon.

naturlaut

Reaction score
Zegna is renaming the label to "Zegna Couture XXX", probably starting this fall. New Label I personally find Napoli Couture very reliable and consistent. Â I am not sure about comparison with Attolini, as the silhouette is different, though these Neapolitans do share similar tailoring techniques. Â I like the cashmere coat Mr. Discostu posted, and from my experiences, these cashmere coats are simply gorgeous. Â I am, however, not as great a fan on their shirts. Â Don't get me wrong, they are great, but just not good enough. Â Even though Napoli Couture uses exclusively their own fabrics (different from regular Zegna), I am more in favour of DJ Anderson or Thomas Mason. Just a small 'critique': the Attolini chest pocket is indeed better shaped. Here are pictures of my recent purchase: custom, silk + linen, half lined, light weight summer coat. Front view - though too light to hang well on hanger Close-up Close-up on shoulder Back view Naturlaut

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow.. All of the items pictured in this thread are fantastic.. Thanks for showing them. That brown and rust sportcoat is really great.

Myself, I recently bought a Brioni NWT cashmere sportcoat in a very vintage pattern, which my wife calls "old man." I sort of wish I would have found something like those pictured in this thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads