• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna napoli couture

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Napoli shirts are made by Lorenzini, right?
Lorenzini wouldn't have the capacity to produce hand-made shirts. As far as my meager knowledge extend, the Napoli shirts are made in-house too. The new custom ones even include extra collar and cuffs (and I cheekily asked for a different collar style for the extra). I usually don't care much about labels, except when there is a change in label, it usually means something else is changed too.
Really? I was told on Ask Andy that Lorenzini made them. Zegna produces nice shirts by themselves, so I can see how they would have no need to outsource to another company. I guess you learn something new everyday, and then someone comes along to disprove it.
wink.gif
Jon.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Quote The Napoli shirts are made by Lorenzini, right?
Lorenzini wouldn't have the capacity to produce hand-made shirts. As far as my meager knowledge extend, the Napoli shirts are made in-house too. The new custom ones even include extra collar and cuffs (and I cheekily asked for a different collar style for the extra).
Really? I was told on Ask Andy that Lorenzini made them. Zegna produces nice shirts by themselves, so I can see how they would have no need to outsource to another company. I guess you learn something new everyday, and then someone comes along to disprove it.
wink.gif
Jon.[/quote] I was probably the one who told you that. I have three Napoli Couture shirts. One was purchased about two and a half years ago, and it has all of the Neapolitan hand-made bells and whistles. Similar in details to Borrelli, but distinct. The other two were made-to-measure shirts purchased last year. They are machine-made shirts, and the details scream Lorenzini. They're very nice shirts, but there's nary a hand-stitched buttonhole or handsewn shoulder to be found. I don't discount the possibility that Zegna has two distinct lines of Napoli Couture shirts or that they've gone back to the handwork details on the ones from this year. I'm just saying that the Napoli Couture shirts that I purchased last year are assuredly machine-made, and they are most likely made by Lorenzini.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, there are a ton of Napoli Couture shirts on EBay right now -- normally there are less than 10 at any one time. Brand new. Priced in upper $100s as I recall. Most are listed by one reputable seller.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads