• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna MTM?

kong1801

Reaction score
I am new to MTM suit and would like to ask how is Zegna MTM suit service. Saint Louis doesnt have many MTM stores but Neiman is hosting one Zegna MTM mid feb and would like to know the quality of Zegna MTM service compared to other MTM service?

-Also what is a benchmade suit?

leguleio

Reaction score
Just a quick fact: Mr. Zegna does not wear Zegna suits. He orders his suits made by his tailor with Zegna fabric.
Now, I am not saying that Zegna suits are bad suits. Yet,

ZengaGent

Reaction score
Nice, but probably overpriced.

Key factor 1 - The fitter (the one who takes your measurements) MUST know what she or he's doing. If not, you've just bought an overpriced suit that does not fit.

Key Factor 2 - Many of the in-store fitters worldwide, not being tailors, are crap at taking measurements.

Very risky prospect (I bought 6; only 1 fit well)...
plain.gif

Won't be doing that again.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZengaGent
Nice, but probably overpriced.

Key factor 1 - The fitter (the one who takes your measurements) MUST know what she or he's doing. If not, you've just bought an overpriced suit that does not fit.

Key Factor 2 - Many of the in-store fitters worldwide, not being tailors, are crap at taking measurements.

Very risky prospect (I bought 6; only 1 fit well)...
plain.gif

Won't be doing that again.

Make sure the person taking your measurements know what they are doing. They are very nice suits but at $2K+ you may want to make sure its really a fabric and suit you want.

S. Able

Reaction score
If you are looking for MTM in STL, you may want to contact Evan Delaney. I know that he is now visiting STL and KC regularly. He sells MTM from Adrian Jules and a more custom, benchmade garment (suits and jackets made by a gent in Toronto named Rocco, trousers from a father and son team in LA). He carries a pretty solid collection of cloth. Super nice guy.

Benchmade = non-factory made. These garments are made start to finish by one or two individuals. It is my understanding that most factory-made suits are made in somewhat of an assembly line fashion. Hopefully others can add to or revise this definition.

kong1801

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZengaGent

I bought 6; only 1 fit well...
plain.gif

wow. definitely risky for me with merely no experience with MTM-

Ivon

Reaction score
Zegna MTM start at 2k and can rise quickly with better fabric (15MilMil, Trofeo), you can modify existing suit models ( Roma, Milano, etc ) but the key will be the stock pattern will be adjusted for your measurements, so the guy taking them is very important. Rosen is having theirs in Sept and my SA has already reminded me.

They are very nice suits in the upper tier, albeit a bit overpriced at full pop. Bespoke suits are riskier than MTM if you don't know the tailors work or rep. From what I have been told, the Roma body has been discontinued, the Milano is the standard body now, but there is a new body called the Torino, which is suposed to be more fitted than the Milano.

Sounds like the trunk show at NM is a ways off so you can explore alternatives or try the RTW Zegnas to see if you like the cut. Biggest difference will be the fabric choices as most stores will only have a few fabric choices for a given season.

rlx

Reaction score
Check to see if the truck show will have representative from Zegna taking measurements. I have had few problems with their skills.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads