• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna MTM Questions

Jacques

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

As it is my first post I want to say that this is a great forum. I have been a member for a few month now and always enjoy the reading

I have been thinking about getting a Zegna MTM suit. I have searched the forum to try to get as much info as I could. I still have a few more questions.
Could someone please help me with the following:
-Can I ask to have a ticket pocket?
-Can it be a 3 piece suit?
-I like the Roma model but how much of a waist suppression is possible. The reason I am asking is that my chest is about a 42 and my waist is about a 32. Most of my suits have quite a bit of waist suppression.
-What is the starting price?

Thank you so much for your help.

J.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How hard a fit are you? If you want Zegna, you can probably get a RTW suit on steep discount these days. A MTM model will cost full retail.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
How hard a fit are you? If you want Zegna, you can probably get a RTW suit on steep discount these days. A MTM model will cost full retail.

Not a 42 with 32 pants.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would HIGHLY recommend you try on the Milano model before making your decision on which model to go MTM on. As far as price and options, I think you can: add a ticket pocket, go shorter or longer on the jacket, same for sleeves of course, they can adjust the neck and chest (what my salesperson called the "bridle" of the jacket I think), trouser waist and I think the rise of the pant, dart/ flat front/ pleats in trousers.

As far as cost, you might want to check into getting a trunk show price-- there are several upcoming, and probably going on right now at Saks (I was able to swing a trunk show price for mine, which knocked it down to $2500). all in all, better to get the options you want at a better price during the trunk shows.

here are the Saks dates, which include Zegna:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon
Not a 42 with 32 pants.

Ah, didn't catch that. But $2,500 for MTM would still be hard for me to stomach these days.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
true, but paying $1000 up front (or they may charge half) and the remainder when the suit is delivered a month or two later helped ease the pain. getting a few more paychecks between makes all the diff! I would recommend also buying the suit out of state if you can, then have it shipped to you to save on the sales tax.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
true, but paying $1000 up front (or they may charge half) and the remainder when the suit is delivered a month or two later helped ease the pain. getting a few more paychecks between makes all the diff! I would recommend also buying the suit out of state if you can, then have it shipped to you to save on the sales tax.

I am not one of those people who goes around recommending everyone go bespoke, but $2500 for Zegna MTM seems like it's really pushing.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True, but that still puts Zegna MTM at less than Isaia, RLPL, Brioni, etc. at retail prices off the rack. I'll post photos of my MTM zegna Milano when I take a short break to return home in May, see what you guys think. this model was one of the best fitting, best looking suits I've tried on in a long time-- the soft shoulders with high armholes, nicely shaped chest pocket, trim cut, etc. all added up to a win in my book.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
$2,500 for Zegna MTM doesn't seem like much of a deal to me.

To the OP: What city are you in? I would suggest you go to a local tailor (if available).

contaygious

Reaction score
I bought a MTM Milano model for about the same price on sale. You have hardly any options on the suit. Basically you get to choose the lining and how many buttons you get and that's it!

Since then I have been going to a tailor to use Zegna fabric and have everything done my way for 1/3 the cost.

rlx

Reaction score
I have four Zegna MTM suits purchased at trunk shows. No trunk show discount. You can get the detail you specified. Prices ranged $2,500 to $3,000, depending on fabric selected. As always, measurment is the key. My measurements we take by two gentlemen from the Zegna factory. Of the four, three were perfect, one was off.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
FYI

Zegna.jpg

jyook

Reaction score
I bought a MTM Zegna Milano at 30% off... I have a previous Zegna Milano suit that I bought OTR and besides a couple of adjustments, the suit is the best OTR fit I've ever experienced...

I went MTM because I wanted a solid dark charcoal suit and couldn't find one OTR on sale... The place I went offered a discount on MTM if I signed up for their mailing list... I was measured by the house tailor...

When I got the suit, there was a slight float that needed correction and a little waist suppression was added... I'm very happy with the suit...

Jacques

Reaction score
Thank you so much everybody! jefferyd- Thank you for the order form.
To answer your questions:

mafoofan - I am not very hard to fit but my shoulders never seem to fit properly (I have tried and own quite a few brands). Also, I always need pretty extensive work on the pants (size 42 with a 32 waist).

The_Foxx - I read that the milano had a rather soft shoulder, my traps are a bit overdevelopped compared to my deltoids. With a soft shoulder, my traps stick out a little bit too much (bump). I also usually like the look of a strong shoulder on a suit (which is why I like the roma model) but I will definitely try the milano on.

Eustace Tilley- I am in Melbourne, FL. It is about 45 min from Orlando, FL. They have a Sacks there with Zegna MTM. I have had great results with the tailors there (at least on adjustments). As far as I know, Orlando does not have any good tailor that would do bespoke (I could be wrong though).

J.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics