• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna Mantellassi Fatte a Mano / Grenson Masterpieces

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zegna monks sold pending payment.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious, what was the problem w/ the Stuart's Choice. What do you think about the quality. I would buy them in a heartbeat if they were my size.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing - I have flat (very difficult to fit) feet.

The non-Mantellassi 10.5 fits me fine.. this one is too small but a very, very sleek shoe in my opinion. I rarely like monkstraps but this one has clean lines which appeal to me.

The Grensons are great, but the right shoe (my right foot is slightly different from my left and it seems I overpronate a little more with that foot..) kind of leans to the left and looks awkward. I'm going to take it to a cobbler and see if they can help with the fit, provided they don't sell here.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank Kronik.

The Monks Rock! Great Experience
worship.gif

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful shoe ... nice purchase. I have a very similar last with a monk strap in a Zegna made by Mantellassi and love the shoe!

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... but am surprised by the sizing. I am a 10.5D US and the ones I have are marked 11D and fit well. Can't imagine buying a pair marked 9.5 D! Just goes to show measurements in shoes are important, though using these a fit is harder to predict than in other wares.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads