1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Zegna limited edition shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jcusey, Feb 13, 2004.

1. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

I saw a pair of the new Zegna limited edition shoes today, and I have to say that I was fairly impressed. It was a four-eyelet cap-toe blucher with some punching at the edge of the cap and the quarters. The leather was a bit darker than EG antique cognac and it was similarly antiqued, although not as thoroughly; and the shoe was Goodyear welted. Even with the leather shoebox (?.), the suede shoe bags, and the screw-adjusted shoe trees, the price seemed excessive at nearly $1100, but they certainly were very nice shoes indeed.

Does anyone know who makes them? I know that Zegna has a relationship with Ferragamo for their other shoes, but I've never seen anything like this coming from Ferragamo.

2. RIDER

RIDER Senior member

Unless something has changed, Zegna shoes are made by a factory in Vigevano named Pino Giardino who have a wonderful reputation. Of course, Zegna marks the hell out of them though. I've never heard of Ferragamo doing anything for anyone - as amatter of fact, I did'nt think Ferragamo made much of their own label shoes anymore either.

3. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Ferragamo and Zegna formed a shoe joint venture last year. This article in Robb Report is the only mention I can find on the Web just now, but I remember seeing other reports at the time.