1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Zegna khakis -- dry clean only?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by fatherseanfan, May 3, 2006.

1. fatherseanfan

fatherseanfan Senior member

The label on my new pair of Zegna "Z" khakis says dry clean only. In perusing the archives I noticed a lot of people think cleaning labels are meaningless. Why would 100% cotton have to be dry cleaned? Before I put them in the machine I just wanted to check to see if people think this will be OK for these pants.

2. j

j Senior member Admin

The label on my new pair of Zegna "Z" khakis says dry clean only. In perusing the archives I noticed a lot of people think cleaning labels are meaningless. Why would 100% cotton have to be dry cleaned? Before I put them in the machine I just wanted to check to see if people think this will be OK for these pants.
    Cotton can shrink. I remember someone mentioning ignoring a similar label and shrinking a pair of Prada (I think) cotton pants in the washer.

Another thing to watch out for is that you don't let them go through a hard spin cycle, as that will press longitudinal creases in the legs and they can be a real pain to get out.

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I think that was RJMan, and I think the pants had some artificial material in them, but I could be wrong.

4. hughjoen

hughjoen Active Member

aside from possible shrikage, it will loose its shape and possible fading. the highend cotton khakis are constructed differently, so dry clean is required.

5. Fritz

Fritz Senior member

I have a pair of Zegna cotton khakis that I put in the washing machine. The guy in the Zegna store said that I could that, and I did so at least a dozen times without any problem.