Zegna jacket from Saks - where to get sleeves finished?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SilverSurfer, Apr 19, 2006.

1. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Senior member

Hi - I just received, as a gift, a Zegna blazer from Saks. The sleeves are unfinished, but I'm wondering where I should take them. Back to Saks? To a different tailor?

Does it matter if I'm getting working buttons or just nonfunctional ones?

2. Lino

Lino Senior member

Back to Saks if they will do it for free.

I called Zegn on 5th Ave. the other day to ask for their suggestion for a suit I got and they sent me to Bhambi's.

3. JAB

JAB Member

I've had working buttonholes done on a few jackets at my local Saks with mixed results. They were all machine-stitched and I was charged ($10 per hole IIRC) even though the coats/suits were purchased there. If you have a local tailor who does good work then I would suggest going that route instead.

Regards, Jason

p.s. If you just want the sleeves finished without working buttonholes then Saks should do it for free (you may need a receipt though...). Just make sure that the tailor shortens them to the proper length-some seem to always want to make your sleeves and trousers waaaaay too long.

4. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Having sleeves done/altered is the bane of my existence. I recommend finding a really good tailor, even if it costs a bit more.