1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Zegna & isaia

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by norcaltransplant, Aug 7, 2004.

1. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Distinguished Member

I'm looking to add to my basic wardrobe with a navy or black blazer. I already have a blue pinstripe (Brooks Brothers), a half-lined charcoal SC (BB), a black cashmere 2B SC (BB) and a brown tweed SC (CK Collection). At this stage, I'd rather buy close to the best and not have to worry about upgrading in the near future (5-10 years), and have found that Canali, Zegna, and Isaia complement my slim build the best.

So how much would you guys pay for a simple, 2 or 3B blue or navy SC? AKA: What's reasonable? and what's a good deal? I have no immediate time frame.

2. discostu004

discostu004 Affiliate vendor

isaia
    canali
    zegna
    in that order. all depends on fabric/model etc in terms of price.

3. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Distinguished Member

I need some numbers Lance, and send me a PM when you get your next shipment in...

4. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Distinguished Member

About two years ago on EBay I paid $450 for an Oxxford 120s blazer and about $550 for an unconstructed Agnona cashmere blazer. I thought these were good deals for EBay.The most expensive EBay blazer I've seen was $750 for a Barbera from 'worlds finest' (not cashmere). Ian will sell the Attolinis for about $200 more. Hope this helps.

5. TomW

TomW Senior Member

I bought my Zegna navy blazer at N-M last call for $560 - 52% cashmere/48%silk - more than I would normally spend, but I had to have it. I have several other sportcoats and suits from each of the three makers you list - I too am particularly fond of their fit - for which I've paid a low of $119 for a Zegna nearly identical to the one above, except in fawn with a creme windowpane to a high of $940 for an Isaia navy suit. Average for sportcoats/blazers - $250ish, suits $600ish. Granted, it takes patience and many shopping excursions to find the better deals.

6. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Distinguished Member

Enrico Isaia
    Zegna Napoli Couture
    Gianluca Isaia
    Zegna (regular line)
    Gian-Luca (fused line)
    Zegna soft

Scrounge around...you never know what kind of great deals you'll get with a little bit of luck, ingenuity and patience.

koji

7. discostu004

discostu004 Affiliate vendor

you can occasionally find an isaia basic for 300ish, but you have to be willing to search and wait awhile.

8. TomW

TomW Senior Member

I will add that the Gian-Luca (fused) suits are often available at Nordstrom for under $300, saw many at the $240 level during the Anniversary sale, I'm just not that fond of them

9. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Distinguished Member

I would choose suits that fits and looks good then I'll consider the price.