Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Zegna heritage??

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Harris, Aug 24, 2004.

1. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

I bought a great sportcoat for myself today, $75, and in mint condition. It's from the Ermenegildo Zegna "Heritage" line. It's not a Napoli Couture, but it has handstitched buttonholes and the cut is very nice (I'm not a fan of regular Zegna.) Does anybody know more about these? This is the first I've seen of them.

2. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

The Zegna Heritage that I've seen is a line of cloth (like Trofeo or 15milmil15), not a line of clothes. Is the construction differernt from regular Zegna?

3. Stu

Stu Senior member

I saw some Heritage suits and posted about this a long time ago. I couldn't find the post on a search, but I thought at the time, it was just a line of cloth and not necessarily even a Zegna suit per se. I looked at some suits and they seemed nice, but they were $500 in an overpriced mall store, and I was suspicious of a Zegna suit for $500 in a mall store.

Yet your eye is obviously more practiced and expert than mine, perhaps I shall revisit that store...

4. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yes, the cut is different, and the buttonholes are handstitched, which I have never seen on a Zegna, excepting the Napoli Couture line...