Zegna Couture XXX shoes??

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The_Foxx, Nov 6, 2004.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

What a steal... I know the pix aren't very good, but just got these shoes today LOCALLY from an ebay seller that happens to live a town over. Â Zegna Couture XXX-- who made these, again? Â Was it Sutor Mantalessi? I have been looking for a nice pair of brown loafers for a while, and haven't owned any loafers since I was a teenager. Â Can someone remind me of what they should and should not be worn with? Â They are a darker brown antique, clearly italian in make and toe shape. Â I'd tell you what I paid, but it would just make ya mad. [​IMG]

2. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

It's a dressy looking loafer. Strictly speaking, loafers should not be worn with suits. However, this practice is gaining popularity all the time. And if you're going to wear loafers with a suit, better to wear something like these. (Not that I would, but I'm a stickler for tradition.)

Otherwise, they would go very well with odd jackets and trousers -- everything short of flannels and tweeds, with which I believe they would appear too "dainty."

3. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Those particular shoes are the result of a joint venture between Zegna and Ferragamo called Zefer. Nice shoes, although not worth the asking price.

Alas, the days when Mantellassi made the Napoli Couture shoes ended about three years ago.

4. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

Actually I think those are the older Mantellassi model.

koji

5. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

I made my diagnosis on the basis of the staining and slugging pattern on the sole. I know that the Zefer Napoli Couture shoes have patterns that are dead ringers for these, and I don't remember the Mantellassi Napoli Couture shoes having them. I could certainly be mistaken, and it's difficult to tell from the pictures.