• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna 40r going on 50% markdown at filene basement

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a medium gray 3 button, and I think it is ventless. 40R. I tried it on and the fit is great. Not quite my style though (and I can't afford another suit right now ). I'm not sure what line, but it is definitely not Zegna Soft. A medium weight wool, with (I believe) pic-stitching. Not sure if it's canvassed.

It was originally $1600 at Mr. Sid's. It's going to go on 50% markdown on Sunday -- which will make it a $300 steal for someone. Wanted to give you guys the heads up in case you wanted to take a look and are in Boston area. I can't imagine it selling before Sunday, but you better buy that thing first thing Sunday if you want it.

MikeF

Reaction score
If anyone wants to pick that suit up for me, I'll happily throw a few bucks their way via PayPal.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you in the Boston area? What kind of "buyers fee" would you throw in?

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, I bet if you called up on Saturday around closing and asked for someone in Men's Suits (a guy named John McDaniel is a pretty nice guy), I bet he'd put that thing on hold for you.

MikeF

Reaction score
I don't live anywhere near Boston. And not much of a finder's fee -- not enough to make it worth anyone's time unless they were planning a visit there anyway.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh. Their return policy is also only 14 days, so even on markdown I'm not sure it's a good idea to buy something without seeing it.

Good luck though. I wasn't planning on making a trip there this weekend, anyways, so I couldn't help you. But I hope someone on this board gets a nice find.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads