• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zeglio custom suits Chicago and Toronto

skyduster

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these guys? Their prices seem great, and I'm curious if anyone has made a suit made here.

www.zeglio.com

hikari013

Reaction score
I went to their Chicago location in Lakeview last year. The people there seemed nice and willing to accommodate any request, but I wasn't very impressed by the fabrics they had at the cheaper end. It was mostly lower quality stuff from Korea in boring colors and patterns. So if you're going there to get something made during one of their promotions, you might be disappointed by the selections available.
I didn't get anything made, so I can't speak to the quality or customer service end. Everything on display did seem to be fused however.

skyduster

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised with your feedback on the lower-end fabrics. Those are very cheap on their website. I'm curious about the mid- and upper-end of of their fabrics, which still appear affordable.

Any other experiences?

furosemide

Reaction score
Yeah, I just got a Tweed made there. Slight fitting issue when I went to pick it up last Friday, so final product should be done this Friday. I'll post when I get it. For what it's worth, I was so impressed that I ordered a Linen blazer on the spot after I tried on the Tweed. The fit was nice, and the quality was actually very impressive, especially for MTM.

FYI, I have done a couple of Chicago affordable options (read: I am unfortunately not yet a customer of the venerable Mr. Despos):
4 suits from De Louice on North Ave (MTM)
1 suit (with another blazer and odd pant currently in commission) from Paul Chang (Bespoke)

I was planning on doing a Chicago thread on my experiences after I got the stuff back from Zeglio and Paul Chang.

My assessment so far, while still early, is that Zeglio seems to be at least decent, if not great, place. Customer service is spot on, dates of delivery are earlier than quoted, and one of the most important things to me: they do what I ask. Some tailors have their ideas and are rigid about it. John Park (owner) gives me his opinion, but then will do as I ask. I think this is important for us SFer's, since we have a little more experience and ideas about what we like.

Also, regarding the earlier poster, they seem to have a lot of nice fabrics on the higher end. Zegna, scabal, etc. Yes they cost more. But nothing you can do about that.

Anyway, I'll post when I get it back. And I'll do a comparison when I have the time, and by that I mean enough time and items to demonstrate consistency of fit and quality.

skyduster

Reaction score
furosemide,

If you can provide a review after you pick up your suit from Zeglio, that would be great. Despos is beyond my budget, but the higher-end fabrics on Zeglio's website look affordable (<$1200). I don't wear suits often, so I'm willing to spend that much on a MTM maker that gets good reviews. It's good to hear that the quality of the higher-end fabrics is good. If it's true that everything is fused, I guess I'd be willing to put up with that, since again, I won't be wearing it often anyways...but then again, maybe it wouldn't be worth spending >$600 on such a suit...I'll wait for your review.
biggrin.gif
My main concern is that I want it to fit and drape nicely...not look boxy. I won't be dry-cleaning it often.

How do you like your Paul Chang and DeLouice suits, BTW? Were your DeLouice suits bespoke? Or MTM? I've heard he does both? How much did you pay?

MadGrimm

Reaction score
Anyone have additional info on the mtm options in Chicago? I've shopped the department stores and am wondering if Zeglio, Delouice or another affordable mtm would be the way to go. My budget is ~$1200. Thoughts?

jonuiuc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MadGrimm
Anyone have additional info on the mtm options in Chicago? I've shopped the department stores and am wondering if Zeglio, Delouice or another affordable mtm would be the way to go. My budget is ~$1200. Thoughts?

I've had a good experience with Delouice (MTM in Korea I think). The only downfall is the sheer number of fabric swatches, you could end up looking at those books for hours, they are somewhat haphazardly organized as well. If you come in under budget and wear your suit often, you may want to pony up for an extra pair of trousers.

I visited Zeglio in Lincoln Park and found their fabric options to be very similar (if not identical, they may use the same Korean source) but Zeglio is a bit more organized with their fabric selection. I haven't had anything made by Zeglio yet, so I can't comment on the fit. The fit of my DeLouice suit is excellent, so I didn't want to take a chance as the fabrics were about the same.

Chiliarches

Reaction score
Any more data on these guys? I am trying to decide between using them and DeLouice...

jonuiuc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chiliarches
Any more data on these guys? I am trying to decide between using them and DeLouice...

I'd say they are about the same. I'd just drive to both (they are not too far, lincoln park to wicker park) and see who you like better. Nobody is going to strongarm you to buy. I know that Adrian at DeLouice, will tend to favor a slimmer cut

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump - anyone else? Actual review? There is one in my city and would love to hear some more comments....

deepitm

Reaction score
Furosemide...ever gonna do those fit pics from Zeglio?

Glen Hayhoe

Reaction score
Just returned from my fitting at Zeglio here in Toronto. Went very well; the service was good and the staff was very knowledgeable and was able to accommodate any special requests that I had (lining stitching, pockets etc). Let me know if you have any questions and I will post pics when the suit is ready on the 8th of March

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pictures and a description of the suit construction, fabric, etc would be very much appreciated. Was it the MTM or the bespoke option?

Glen Hayhoe

Reaction score
I went with a Midrange fabric at 900.00, and went with the MTM option. From everything I can tell the suit is fused. I was very impressed with the service and the attention to detail. The fabric quality was good for what I paid vs a suit at a similar price point at Harry's (the fabric was a English wool). The suit quality at Garrison is higher quality no doubt but when I went in their suits start at 1800, and that is not in my budget at this point

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glen, did you pick it up, how is it? Pics and comments would be great :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics