1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Zee's Leatherware & Shoe Co.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Toiletduck, Aug 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Penfold

Penfold Senior member

No way on earth of finding shoes to fit my 12.5UK feet here in Hong Kong so gave Zee's a spin. Perfectly satisfied for the price - 1600 HKD still for suede and 1700 HKD for calf - and given the impossibility of buying anything else in my size. That said these will never deceive anyone who knows what a good shoe is and who could inspect them for more than 5 seconds. Nearest comparison I guess to a major brand for quality etc would be Loakes.

The last they used for these must have been immensely long since the shoes are far longer than my RTW Trickers full brogues.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Best pair of Zee's I've seen

1 person likes this.
  3. Viktri

Viktri Senior member

I have the same problem with my first pair of shoes (I previously ordered only boots). The first time I did extensive walking with the shoe (around 4 hours) I got a blister on top of my big toe joint of one of my feet. I'm wondering whether this problem will go away, or whether the shoe simply doesn't fit.

4. blackers

blackers Active Member

The Dubbin lessened the problem but it was still uncomfortable so I took the shoe back to be stretched and that fixed the problem completely. If you're still in HK take it back to Zee's and they'll do it for free in a couple of days, otherwise I'm sure any decent cobbler will do this for a fee. And Zee's must have slightly adjusted the size on my pattern because subsequent pairs have not had this problem.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  5. pogiguy

pogiguy Member

Thanks ThinkDerm.

I wore those shoes to work yesterday and then walked across town to a dinner. They look good, fit well and are comfortable.

I have 2 pairs of Zees shoes and I say their service, fair prices and good quality are an excellent value.

6. baromatic

baromatic Well-Known Member

Following up with my satorial adventure this month left me with great results working with David & Zee at Zee's Leather.

Sharing my loafers (goodyear welt), and the awesome results:

[​IMG]
    (please! excuse my starch looking ankles ;-))

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  7. Penfold

Penfold Senior member

Nice - think I might get some funky coloured suede (dark red) loafers made soon.

8. baromatic

Thanx! I see you're loving the suede Penfold.... On my list are some dark navy dainite suede chukkas but may wait till fall.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  9. baromatic

YAY OR NAY??Just want to get everyone's opinion on this Double Monk with a square toe.

Originally my though thoughts were you wouldn't catch me with a square toe but was wonder what is the consensus out there ?? :cry:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  10. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

I am with your original thoughts...

11. Penfold

Penfold Senior member

Square toes make baby Jesus cry.

12. urban

urban Senior member

I have the same shoes in black calf.

1 person likes this.
  13. baromatic

[​IMG]
    That's quite funny Penfold.
    Well, feeling my gut telling me the square shape will make me eventually break down and cry I brought it back to Zee's.
    Without any expectation, they transformed the toe box and molded it alike the round toe it was most desired to be. Not a bad result, definitely wearable... Zee's story.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  14. urban

urban Senior member

Amazing result. I should have done that. But i am not in Hong Kong that frequently.

15. baromatic

Well not really amazing looking. I would have liked it if they got it right the first time.
    Even with a photo of a round toe, and confirming it, the workshop still produces a square toe.

I'm sure they can do it anytime you are back. All there is to do is set the shoe on the last and pound away.

16. Svenn

Svenn Senior member

Custom designed jodphurs off a last I carved myself. More Western looking than I thought but will work for casual wear.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  17. abjb076

abjb076 New Member

anyone has recent experience with zees?

18. pogiguy

pogiguy Member

My latest pair from Zee's are these wholecuts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. sadkfjaskfaj

sadkfjaskfaj Member

Hey guys, I'm thinking of spending up to HK $3000 on a nice plain black captoe oxford.

Which of the follwoing bespoke shoemakers would give me the best quality? Thanks:

Zee's

Mayer

Maylin

20. bk123

bk123 Member

[​IMG]

New pair of wholecuts from zee's. The fit is pretty good and leather quality is decent for the price. However, I find the toe stiffener a bit long for my liking.