• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zee Whiz

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
('Pologies for the excruciating headline).

Thanks to luk-cha, I managed to make my way to Zees and get some shoes made while in HK a couple of weeks ago. I thought you might like a look at the results.

My first visit to their TST shopfront was on a Saturday morning. We talked over price ($HK1200 ea) and designs, and he took all of my measurements. Monday, I went back and tried on some canvas models and had a walk around. We talked about fit, re-measured and noted some corrections. Thursday, I collected the completed shoes.

These shoes may seem pretty tame, given the available scope when you go bespoke. I'm still trying to build a shoe wardrobe, so my needs were more basic than exotic.

By happenstance, every laced shoe I own is a derby, so I decided to get oxfords for both pairs.

First up was a simple black cap-toe oxford. Pretty much the basic essential shoe for my work in the conservative business dress, and probably the biggest hole in my wardrobe. Here is the result.

img8893be9.jpg
img8894rv0.jpg
img8895tf4.jpg
img8896ef0.jpg

Since joining SF, I've been convinced that I need a good pair of dark brown shoes for wearing with suits. (I'd previously been a "no brown in town" adherent). I went for a bit more detailing on this pair, although hopefully not too much for business wear.

img8897mk3.jpg
img8898hi0.jpg
img8899xo1.jpg
img8900lx4.jpg

I'm not sure that these photos have quite caught the colour, which is a dark oak brown. These photos seem redder than the actual shoe.

On luk-cha's suggestion, I also inquired about getting a crocodile wallet made. They did me a glossy black wallet with black calfskin interior, and had it ready in a little over a day. Cost was $HK600.

Now that they have my measurements, they said they are happy to take an order via fax and mail me the shoes. I'll wear these for a few months and, if all goes well, I may just take them up on that.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both are really nice shoes and wardrobe staples. You've done well.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
these are pretty cool i wish i seen this thred earlier and they are a fairly reasonable way to get good staples shoes for every day use! keep me posted as to how they wear!

enjoy without blisters
blush.gif

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are good prices and look to be nice shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads