Zara outerwear?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DGP, Oct 17, 2007.

1. xchen

xchen Senior member

Yeah. I love the stuff but I'd never pay full retail for it. Hello sales and ebay.

2. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

i was there was a zara in seattle...

3. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

I just picked up a zara coat a couple weeks ago and love it. The fit is nice and slim, build quality seems reasonably good and the price was right. I'd feel safe buying a bigger coat from them

4. DGP

DGP Senior member

I just picked up a zara coat a couple weeks ago and love it. The fit is nice and slim, build quality seems reasonably good and the price was right. I'd feel safe buying a bigger coat from them

Nice jacket. Out of curiosity, whose jeans are those, they seem to fit well.

5. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Slightly off topic, but are zara pants/jeans vanity sized (i.e. size down one?)

No, you probably need to size up, all of their stuff is pretty slim.

6. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

Nice jacket. Out of curiosity, whose jeans are those, they seem to fit well.

Thanks, they're the 5EPxSF 32x36's.

7. SantosLHalper

SantosLHalper Senior member

I went to the NY store about two weeks ago. Although I liked the style of the clothes, I couldn't find anything that fit properly. I'm about a 44R, and even the XLs in most of their jackets did not fit. Shirts were somewhat better, but still very snug. The pants I tried were too low rise for my taste, but the fits were much better. Can't comment on the quality, since I didn't take anything home with me.

8. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

What was the price on that, boss? Does it have any polyester in it?

9. minimalist

minimalist Senior member

I think Zara is quite special... How to explain? We have 2 Zaras and 3 H&Ms here within five minutes waling dinstance (hey, no envy! [​IMG] ) ... Dunno how prices are in the USA, bute here they are quite similar... Say, when you buy one item at Zara and pay 50€, you would pay 40-45€ at H&M... Also the quality is quite the same in my eyes - generally quite good for the price, but I also experienced bad luck with both of them. But thats OK [​IMG] I think the main difference is the style of the clothes. I prefer Zara in almost all cases... H&M is better for basics I think, like thermos and tees and stuff. I hope this comparision will be of any help [​IMG]

10. DGP

DGP Senior member

So I ended up going with a piece from their casual line, but it isn't really that casual a jacket. It's mid-thigh length, black, double breasted, and has this sort of stretchy cotton around the collar (can't describe it exactly, almost like the cuff of a sweatshirt), which is the only thing casual about the coat. Overall, exactly what I was looking for, doesn't look like I'm wearing my dressy topcoat with jeans, but polished enough that it could be worn with a suit.

11. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

What was the price on that, boss? Does it have any polyester in it?
    Hey, it was $150. The tag says 'Outershell- 55% cotton / 45% wool, Lining- 60% rayon / 40% polyester'.

12. 2344fgh

2344fgh Senior member

I think Zara is quite special... How to explain? We have 2 Zaras and 3 H&Ms here within five minutes waling dinstance (hey, no envy! [​IMG] ) ... Dunno how prices are in the USA, bute here they are quite similar... Say, when you buy one item at Zara and pay 50€, you would pay 40-45€ at H&M... Also the quality is quite the same in my eyes - generally quite good for the price, but I also experienced bad luck with both of them. But thats OK [​IMG] I think the main difference is the style of the clothes. I prefer Zara in almost all cases... H&M is better for basics I think, like thermos and tees and stuff. I hope this comparision will be of any help [​IMG]

yeah, you're right. the basics at H&M are great most of the time. I got 2 jackets from Zara and they rule (Size L fits me perfectly). Zara has great basics too, but in most cases i prefer H&M, whereas Zara has betterlooking "non-basic" items such as jackets or coats. [​IMG]

13. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

I am not a huge fan of Zara - I haven't boughten anything there for at least 4 years. For me, the most important aspect of my wardrobe is outerwear so I don't really like scrimping on coats. In my opinion though, Zara does have better outerwear than H&M. That being said, H&M pwns Zara in every other category.

14. DGP

DGP Senior member

For me, the most important aspect of my wardrobe is outerwear so I don't really like scrimping on coats.

Which is a 180 from me, seeing as I live in SoCal, and need one coat, and need to replace it every five years or so, lol.

15. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]

heres the zara peacoat i picked up a month or so ago. I'm sure the quality isn't spectacular, but it's easily above H&M and for the price ~140, the fit is great and is probably worth it more so than the inapt peacoat everyone is creaming their pants over.