• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zara actually has some cool stuff for F/W 06

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I went back to Zara today, after picking up the M65 on my last visit, and checked out what else they had. They have very slim fit corduroy and velvet blazers, an interesting olive colored military style shirt, and an AWESOME officer frock coat looking thing that looked like it was right out of Flyboys. They also had a distressed leather blazer/hoodie combo thing, and a couple other cool herringbone jackets, prices ranged from $69-249, not too bad. I might need to stop back and pick up some more stuff although I've bought a lot of outerwear this season already.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Augh. If only their website weren't so utterly useless.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Augh. If only their website weren't so utterly useless.

Yeah, their website sucks, the whole collection thing shows suits and the showroom doesn't have anything interesting in it. I guess you'll just have to stop by. I'll see if I can get a pic of the m65 this weekend.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can grab some shots of the officer's frock coat, I'd appreciate it. Sounds pretty interesting. Out of curiosity, how much was it?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
If you can grab some shots of the officer's frock coat, I'd appreciate it. Sounds pretty interesting. Out of curiosity, how much was it?

I might be by SCP on Sunday so i'll see what I can do. It was $249. It was seriously cool, seems quite slim fit too, especially for outerwear. The XL corresponds to 42, but is a pretty slim 42. I tried it on today while wearing a T-shirt, and it was a bit tight, and I normally wear regular 42s or slim 44s. I would estimate the chest measurement of the coat at no more than 43-44"

TrojanGarb

Reaction score
I like a lot of their stuff, even though the mens selection is quite limited (santa monica). I bought one of their dressy shirts with green stripes. I'd been looking for something green for whatever reason and that was perfect. It also has a nice spread collar that I rarely see. Also got a l/s "custom" fit t-shirt - Very nice and fitted.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrojanGarb
I like a lot of their stuff, even though the mens selection is quite limited (santa monica). I bought one of their dressy shirts with green stripes. I'd been looking for something green for whatever reason and that was perfect. It also has a nice spread collar that I rarely see. Also got a l/s "custom" fit t-shirt - Very nice and fitted.

Ya the SM store is huge but almost all of it is for women. Are there Zara stores at Beverly Center or Rodeo? The SCP store has a decent selection of men's stuff.

horriblyjollyjinx

Reaction score
watch out for their silk/cashmere sweaters, they smell really weird and I think it doesn't go away either. I'm going to try returning my cardigan.

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
There is a funny smell as soon as you walk into Zara. At least the one in SoHo.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to agree; there was some nice stuff at the Zara I visited in Lemesos. I got a few things including some nice brown trousers with a faint windowpane, with a white tartan on the inside lining (visible once you turn up the cuffs.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They also, I might add, have one of the stupidest things I've ever seen, in fact it's laughable: suits with "fake" unbuttoned cuff buttons! The suit jacket looks like it has two buttons unbuttoned on the cuff. However, the holes are fake, and it's impossible to button them! I almost sh!t myself when I saw it.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is that any more ridiculous than a three button suit on which you can only button one button?

jean_connoisseur23

Reaction score
although their website is useless,zara always has decent stuff...who says they don't??

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BTW I posted a pic of the M65 in the what are you wearing thread a few days back.

ninjapie

Reaction score
The service sucks at Zara though, everytime I ask if they if a size is sold out they are like "mmm I don't know". The lazy bastards don't even check in the storage. Besides that, they do have decent stuff from time to time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads