• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zappos

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just had the best experience with Zappos. I had ordered NDC zip boots from them ages ago (used SF link!), and wore them sparingly, and then the other night when i go to put them on the zipper rips right off. Very frustrating, esp. since NDC boots is a big purchase for my broke self. I called up Zappos, and even though the order was months ago, and I had worn the boots they gave me the choice for a full refund or new pair. I ended up getting a pair of NDC oxfords and a modest refund. The guy was really helpful and I was on hold for less then 30 seconds the entire time. I highly recommend Zappos for all SFers

starcrash

Reaction score
Their customer service is unbelievable. Twice I've needed a different size and both times they've overnighted the correct size and gave me two weeks to return the wrong sized pair. Shipping is always free in both directions, even for returns and exchanges.

I'm a fan.

Lysol

Reaction score
I wish Zappos sold more things that I actually wanted and sales were more frequent because I've never had a better online shopping experience. I typically get orders within 2 days, free shipping both ways and the easiest, no questions asked return policy.

I ordered my wife a pair of Frye riding boots for Christmas. Of course, I got the wrong size. Within four days I had returned the boots and received a full, painless refund.

Aside from Fred Perry polos and Vans, both of which I can cop for cheaper elsewhere, there's not much on there I would buy.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
I agree the customre service is fantastic, but prices are not great.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always had great experiences with Zappos. Even though they no longer "guarantee" overnight shipping I've never had a package that didn't arrive the next day.

Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
I agree the customre service is fantastic, but prices are not great.

I think the prices are already competetive and when you consider the free overnight shipping AND high quality customer service, you've got to ask yourself if saving a couple of bucks on an item somewhere else is worth the trouble.

coopster

Reaction score
Every order I have placed(3) has been upgraded from standard shipping to next day air.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
the prices are in no way competitive, and, considering most sites have constant 10-20% coupons, are actually pretty bad. That said, if you want your stuff overnighted, then you're happy to pay the premium.

coopster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
the prices are in no way competitive, and, considering most sites have constant 10-20% coupons, are actually pretty bad. That said, if you want your stuff overnighted, then you're happy to pay the premium.

Zappos is my only option a lot of time because of my 13-14 foot. The overnight shipping is just a bonus.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm willing to spend a few extra bucks and order from Zappos. Their outstanding customer service makes it worthwhile.

kontai69

Reaction score
Yeah, Zappos CS is awesome. I received a pair of Oakley sunglasses from them which was missing some accessories (most likely a customer return). I informed them about it and they overnighted a replacement pair for "free," giving me 30 days to return the first pair. They also gave me a $30 off coupon for my inconvenience, which I used to buy a second pair of Oakleys from them. The rep also sent me a handwritten (no preprinted!) card apologizing for the mishap.

I also remember placing my initial order on a Saturday. The item was overnighted out (from KY) on a Sunday and I got it Monday morning (in CA). I personally don't know of many retailers that ship on Sundays.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
awesome company. never heard a complaint.

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coopster
Every order I have placed(3) has been upgraded from standard shipping to next day air.
Every package they send is "upgraded" in this way. They're located right near a UPS hub, so they just rush everyone's order over there and overnight it. Then everyone zooms over to the website to write a review because they feel special.

constantine.

Reaction score
it's really really easy with zappos to exchange for a different size, and i havent had that same experience with other online shoe vendors.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Owing to the mentioned pricing issues I have never ordered from Zappos. But after reading this I think I will in the future. I am honestly willing to pay more or forgo a discount code to reward good customer service with my business, as a matter of principle. Another good reason to shop the affiliates here, as they're always helpful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics