• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zappos

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178
Every package they send is "upgraded" in this way. They're located right near a UPS hub, so they just rush everyone's order over there and overnight it. Then everyone zooms over to the website to write a review because they feel special.

They make me feel special, warm and fuzzy all over. But then I'm special to begin with.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
the prices are in no way competitive

I think they are. Their prices at retail are typical full retail that you would find in most stores, then they give you the free overnite shipping which is easily a $20+ upgrade, and no sales tax for most states so you end up saving a good amount. And a lot of their stuff is on sale for 10%+....tho what's weird is how some items will be an unusal number like 12% off

Crakaveli

Reaction score
great customer service should not be taken for granted these days.

thedamnscott

Reaction score
Zappos is wonderful, they stock lots of shoes in my size (15) which is helpful. They put a serious premium on customer service, to the point where they offer every employee a $1000 bonus to quit after something like one week because they only want people who are committed to work there. Great company, even if the prices are sometimes a little high, but you really do get the full value from them.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've used zappos for years. The customer service is top notch. Possibly the best I've ever experienced. And I can't get on a plane to a major city faster than some of the stuff gets to me. If you guys use Zappos, do please use our convenient links. Helps us keep the lights on at no cost to you.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zappos is amazing. Even if I can find a place that sells cheaper I will usually go Zappos. The service is so good, even if it's just for overnight shipping and free returns. I understand trying to find the best deal, but sometimes you can't good a price on good customer service and it's better to support a company that has one.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
They make me feel special, warm and fuzzy all over. But then I'm special to begin with.

Yes the CDBaby of shoes...Love the Zappos!

speedy4500

Reaction score
Zappos shipped me the wrong item yesterday. I chatted to an online rep at 10pm last night and I now have the correct item in my hands. They also gave me a $15 coupon for future purchase and upgrade to VIP status (whatever that means). I would have just been happy getting my item tomorrow with none of the other benefits, but the fact that they threw in the other stuff without my asking for it shows their commitment to customer service.

I don't find the prices at Zappos objectionable at all, especially considering the near guarantee of a headache-free transaction. My time and peace-of-mind is easily worth whatever few dollars more something might cost at Zappos. While it would be nice for them to offer some higher-end shoes like Tricker's or Barker or Alden, for athletic or casual wear items or gifts, Zappos is definitely one of my first places to look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads