• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Zappos Outlet = Waste of Time

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Had a free morning today and drove down to the Zappos Corporate Outlet south of Louisville today to see if they had anything interesting. I don't know what I was expecting; okay, secretly I hoped that they have some of the Stefanobi for Givenchy that never sold from their "Couture" section, but anyway...

Short story is, if anybody ever had any thoughts of making the trip there, I'd say don't bother.
The selection was VERY poor and the prices were still REALLY high for anything any of us here would even consider looking at (and most of it we probably wouldn't have taken if given), while often what they DID have was damaged, returned, worn, without a box/dustbags, or sometimes even laces.

Their prices were only 20-50% off of their website prices, which for the "Couture" section was often more-than-actual retail anyway. So, for example, they had a pair of Sergio Rossi boots that were stickered at $698, for 30% off, and came with no box, no shoe bags, and had clearly been worn (definitely several Pidals or more of wear, haha). That hardly says "outlet bargain" to me.

They also had a few bags and such, but they too were nothing to write home about, a small Bally messenger that looked like it had been carried for months, still for $300, and a CK Collection brief that had terrible scratches and one side of the lock broken... for 30% off of $598.

IN short... maybe I just caught them at a bad time in their stock, but I see no reason to get too excited about trying to hit the Zappos outlet.

And, as for the Stefanobi Givenchys... no luck...

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty much the same at their outlet in Las Vegas.

arrrrffff

Reaction score
Waste of my time too. I'm Canadian and any good prices would go stale after all the customs/brokerage/tax fees most of which go to UPasS.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Pretty much the same at their outlet in Las Vegas.
I figured as much, though I had SOME hope for Louisville as I heard it was their main distribution/corporate center and the outlet is attached to it. BUT, alas, nothing. In all, beyond lots of hideous Donald J. Pliner and a few odd-sized or styled Allen-Edmonds, they had two pairs of Testoni, one Etro, two or three Marc Jacobs and Costume National, and one or two pairs of Vicini made Gianfranco ferre. Some of them weren't terrible looking and might be fun, but they were all still $300-400 even AFTER all applicable discounts were taken. And, none of them were in "as new" shape. Aside from that, it was the usual Kenneth Cole, Hush Puppies, Stacy Adams outlet-store junk...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's