• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zanella pants - always pleated?

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The ones I've seen are always pleated (often 3). Do they make any flat front pants?

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They make all kinds from triple pleats to flat fronts. The Benny and the Patrick model are flat front. There are likely others too.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only buy the Benny and Todd models, both flat front.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zanella sux compared to other Italian brands, though the fabrics are often very nice.
I find the cuts to be way way to generous.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
I only buy the Benny and Todd models, both flat front.

One of the models, I forget which, can actually be quite slim.

mbell

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PocketCircle
The ones I've seen are always pleated (often 3). Do they make any flat front pants?

For the longest time I saw nothing but triple pleated Zanellas at thrift stores. I'm guessing they made triple pleats longer than most others did. I still mostly see them in triple pleats in the thrift stores, but double pleats are showing up more often. I think I have only see one flat front Zanella while thrifting, which I actually happen to be wearing right now.

NM Last Call here in Austin has a good supply of them in flat front as well as double pleated.

I've seen a few Zanellas that have 4 pleats- two closely spaced pairs on each side. Is there a particular term for this? I saw some like this at NM Last Call recently and wondered if they were old stock or if the style was still being made.

mike

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mbell
For the longest time I saw nothing but triple pleated Zanellas at thrift stores. I'm guessing they made triple pleats longer than most others did. I still mostly see them in triple pleats in the thrift stores, but double pleats are showing up more often. I think I have only see one flat front Zanella while thrifting, which I actually happen to be wearing right now.

mike

There are no thrift stores where I live so they are all full-price and triple pleats.

sf_esq

Reaction score
In flat front pants, I prefer the fit of some cuts of Theory trousers to some of the Italian trousers, which I find to be on the slightly narrow and often too tapered side.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Zanella sux compared to other Italian brands, though the fabrics are often very nice.

Most of the cuts are indeed generous but they are well made pants. The Patrick model is much slimmer than Benny.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit

I'm a slim guy, 6'3" and 185 lbs., and I like the cut of Zanella flat fronts. Tailors have been trying to convince me to try more generously cut trousers, and pleated trousers, so I won't look quite so thin.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads