• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We will be at Zfactorie today until 6:00 pm
packing orders and preparing for the upcoming week
Anyone has a question for us regarding product, purchase or any other matter can feel free to contact us via PM

@HeavenResign , now is a good time to get in touch

HeavenResign

Reaction score
hey zam!
We will be at Zfactorie today until 6:00 pm
packing orders and preparing for the upcoming week
Anyone has a question for us regarding product, purchase or any other matter can feel free to contact us via PM

@HeavenResign , now is a good time to get in touch
hey zam! gave you a call around ten minutes ago. No rush i figure you're just packing orders and whatnot, just wanted to let you know on here in case my voicemail didn't go through

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
hey zam!

hey zam! gave you a call around ten minutes ago. No rush i figure you're just packing orders and whatnot, just wanted to let you know on here in case my voicemail didn't go through
gonna call you back in ten minutes.............

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Zfactorie.
We are now into the Holiday Stage of our Sale
up to 60% off on FW18/19 items both for Mainline and Category M
No exclusions - outerwear etc included

60-off-fall-jpg.1083985

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Zfactorie Fall Sale continues with more items at up to 60% off on FW18/ 19 items

We are also CLEARING OUT everything in Final Sale. For the next 48 hours FINAL50 Code has been reactivated with some items already at 80% off original retail.
Not a lot of stuff left but some good deals at steal prices

60-final-sale-jpg.1085235

there isnt much left in final sale, we would like to clear it all out. some of these prices are crazy but i need the stuff gone, so have fun with it.
especially we will be adding a few new arrivals for the weeks leading up to the holidays

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

EARLIER TODAY WE PROMISED YOU THIS POST.
After a long hectic day we are glad to give you a good read to enjoy your weekend.

Often times running a business, we get distracted with sales, promotions etc, but projects like these remind us that we are first and foremost a design and manufacturing company, who is unwavering in our commitment to the business of making great artisanal products that our customers know and love.
Over the next couple of weeks we will be doing a series of product reviews and insights to give you a behind the scenes view of great things going on at Zfactorie and not just sales promotions
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today we start with a pair of Civilian Soft J Pants that is a simplified variant of our revered Militia Combat Pants.
For those of you who have followed the Zam Barrett Dialogue brand over the years, you all know our Militia Combat pants is one of the most rare, expensive yet sought after pants that we have ever produced

The pants retailed for over $1300 USD, was sold out everywhere, but was never produced again in mass quantities because it took two tailors 1.5 days to make in order to remain faithful to the design. Ever so Often we get request for a custom pair and we try to honor the request for the customer appreciative of the piece and willing to pay the cost to acquire it (we have two pairs on order now)

THE ORIGINAL MILITIA COMBAT PANTS.

We had a customer who ordered a pair of these and told us he didn't care, the cost was not going to stop him form acquiring them, he just had to have one.
We made a special 1 of 1 pair for him that was dyed a special green according to his request. He loved the pants so much he wanted another pair with the same fit, but without all the details of the original iteration. He essentially wanted an easier to wear, street friendly version of the pant. if the original Militia Pants was Couture, he wanted the ready to wear version.
We also liked the idea of a simpler version, as the Soft J combined with the slight drop crotch made for a very interesting silhouette.

The customer wanted a similar weight as the original heavy linen version, we got him a cotton/ linen blend canvas with a very dense weave. We kept the seat reinforcements that were a part of the original version, but removed the elastic panels and knee patch and cargo pockets to simplify the pant. same fit, but a sleeker easier to wear and more minimal design

The original welted front pockets remain on the street version, but we added a zipper and a semi stitched flap to cover the pockets and front zipper when worn

Zipper detail on Pocket

The back pockets are very similar to the original iteration where the flap covers the button closure that is not visible when worn and securing whatever the wearer places in the pocket

Original Militia back pockets

DYE TREATMENT:
This was the hardest part of the pants, the customer wanted OLIVE to be the final color of the garment. The fabric was originally an off white canvas. We had never dyed olive before, and had to do a 3 stage dyeing process to achieve the color and the "Marbled" texture we wanted on the pants.
The first stage was to dye the pants a tan color which became the base. The second stage was to mix a grey-green dye that we used for the second stage that gave us the marbled texture but was somewhat off in shade.
We then had to dye grey watching the garment in the dye bath until we got just a shade darker than desired. generally dyed dry a shade lighter than the color they are when wet, so once we achieved that we knew we had accomplished the mission.

Hem Detail

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
a829e803-d922-4dc8-8611-b0eea05d3b85.jpg

FW18 marks the return of the iconic TRI ZIP Leather jacket to our offerings. a jacket that we have always made in small rare quantities and only during the fall season. For Fall 2018 the Jacket is offered in RED cowhide and we thought it fitting to give you a historical overview of the jacket from its inception to the current season

Here is a picture of the original prototype pf the jacket. it was the only one that was made in Porcine leather. The underlying layer of the jacket was grey, but it was coated black and was shown during Paris Men's market for the FW13/14 season

The Jacket in its first season was ordered by only one store in Japan - John Bull private Lab, which ordered 8 peices and along with the additional 5 peices that were produced for Zam Barrett - Zfactorie. A total of 14 examples were made that season in Black Deerskin leather. Interestingly, it was the only time that a full production run of the Jacket was made in black. Somehow each season it seems the jacket that makes in to production is always as rare a color as there are the number of peices made

The second iteration of the Jacket became its main personality where the jacket was made in horsehide leather and overdyed a bluish-grey. Eight examples of this iteration was made and sold to some of out most esteemed customers

Front -

Here is the back of the jacket. This example had the two Zipper at the back hem that allows the wearer to tighten and loosen the hem of the jacket as desired. the succeeding examples we removed this feature in order to make the jacket more minimal.

This Maroon Iteration was released for the FW17 season. It was the fasted selling jacket we ever had. two was spoken for BEFORE the production was made. we sold three of them in the first day of release, with two of them sold within the first hour of being released. This iteration was also made in horsehide and sold to some really special customers who appreciates the design, the craftsmanship and the attention to detail in the jacket

Here is a very Special Customer of ours wearing his example, styled with blue Jeans and a wonderful scarf that does true justice to the beauty of this piece. The fit, the settings, the color combinations are just perfect and shows how visionary customers can take a piece and style it in a way that is entirely their own, and often in surprising ways we never imagined

The current season Jacket is offered in red cowhide, we had intended to offer it this season in black, but somehow we love the specialness and fun of offering this jacket every season in a non black, interesting colorway. We think it is fun to see what colors we can create each FALL WINTER season that keeps the jacket rare, interesting and creative. We already offer a lot of other jackets in black so Its sensible to keep other things special

We have experimented before with a Tri Zip Bomber Jacket. while we liked the Jacket, we are of the conviction that the design works best with the high Neck iteration and probably should be left untouched in that regard. the high neck, the sloping raglan shoulders and the aggressiveness of the zipper configuration created a look that is aesthetically perfect for the Zam Barrett aesthetic and we are of the view that the raglan iteration while beutiful in its own right dos not accomplish that

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
34b08121-5b49-41cf-bc47-3ed55be61731.jpg

As indicated before, we are temporarily closing the Final Sale section of the site.
This will be done tonight. Our FINAL50 Code that gets you 50% off will be active today.
Some great items available to our customers at great prices so dont miss out
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GIFT REGISTRY
Our Final Sale section will be converted into a temporary gift registry until Dec 19th

A large assortment of Scarves/ Bags/ Belts/ Wallets etc will be added to the registry and can be purchased as holiday gifts for your loved ones.
You can make a request for special Packaging to be made with
To: (person receiving gift name)
as a means of personalizing you gift.......

ALL GIFT ITEMS MUST BE PURCHASED BEFORE DEC 19TH TO GUARANTEE ARRIVAL VI PRIORITY MAIL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below is a preview of some new arrivals coming for gift week and the rest of the season

HIGH NECK INNER LEATHER IN BLACK HORSE

We are releasing several pants in heavy herringbone linen and a heavy silk + linen blend
Here shown is Minimalist Slim pants in 17 oz Herringbone linen in "Sand Color"
the black version will be in silk + linen

Silk Brocade bias cut selvedge scarf.
100% Silk scarf with pictorial woven brocade
Will be available in black and maroon
.............................................................................................................................

Large linen seamless Stole - undyed version shown here, will be available in several colors and weaves. all 100% Linen.
.............................................................................................................................

Linen Brocade Scarf - Available in Midnight and Black

Lohikaarme

Reaction score
I ended up buying the MultiCock/silk panel shirt in black a bit ago and got it today. I forgot the exact fabric composition since I left the tag at home but I think it's a 50/50 cotton/linen with a silk/elastane paneling.

Anyhow, shirt fits pretty fine. Gonna get it tailored to shorten the sleeves. I own two printed bird shirts from Zam at this point: the Nature & Flight in blue/grey and now the MultiCock. I haven't compared the fit of the two yet. However, I think I prefer the general shape of the new shirt more--the piping details and offset button-down collar are kind of odd details. This one is cut a bit more like a normal shirt, which I personally appreciate.

Like Zam said prior, this shirt is a bit lighter than the Nature & Flight, but still pretty heavy. It's like a heavy and textured linen flannel, if that makes any sense. I'd love love love this shirt if it was a more dress shirt/broadcloth style fabric but I know that's not really the ZB way of fabrics.

I gotta say, the stretch panels are pretty nice. Allows for some nice movement. I threw it in the wash yesterday so I can take it to the tailor later. No abnormal shrinking from what I can tell.

74deXWml.jpg

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Fabrics / Fabrics Fabrics

DSC09284.JPG

silk + linen blend - used for new minimalist Slim pants

DSC09276.JPG

100% Heavy Linen - Soft j

DSC09277.JPG

DSC09278.JPG

DSC09279.JPG

DSC09280.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads