• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Zam for my second pair of Heavy Linen Minimalist Jeans! Perfect

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
your parents have a post office at their house? neat

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Zam for my second pair of Heavy Linen Minimalist Jeans! Perfect
Cool man, i have 3 pairs, one I cropped into a shorts to wear with long socks
Mine are at the post office at my parents house, gonna pick them up tomorrow. Hope they fit.
They will , enjoy!

your parents have a post office at their house? neat
Some of us Humans are born into empires.......LOL
Zam's heavy linen is so perfect. Love mine
thanks

Enjoy!

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first pair of Zam pants were heavy linen minimalist DNA pants! Way back in 2012 I think. Still love those things to death. But the heavy linen minimalist slim pants this season are on a whole new level. Really doesn't surprise me that they were in such high demand as to warrant a couple of restocks, they might very well be the best pair of pants Zam has ever produced. And I say that as someone who has amassed a collection of Zam pants/jeans/shorts numbering in the neighborhood of two dozen pairs. I mean look at the texture on these!

Managed to snag all three color/fabric combinations of them (thank **** for the restocks) and wear them a hell of a lot. Also, nobody's really talked about the combat green cotton version, but they're also pretty great. Definitely not your bog standard cotton, very substantial.

Really glad you're an official affiliate now, Zam, hopefully it brings more customers into the fold. I've had nothing but good experiences over the last four years and change and I'd love to see more people experience the amazing clothes that you and your team make. Can't wait to see what's in store for next year, every season seems to bring unique things.

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the heavy linen pants in grey but depending on the light they appear anywhere from brownish to greenish.

My one reservation about them is that it seems as if the pocket entry is pretty narrow, so when I put my wallet in the front pocket or remove it there's a little extra maneuvering.

Looking pretty light-colored right here:

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my minimalist heavy linen pants from the post office. Package was pretty beat, probably due to its intercontinental detour:

But damn, you guys weren't kiddinng, this material is no joke. Weighs more than my jeans, and super comfy.

Cheers for the sizing advise, Zam. Fit is pretty much perfect. Will try to get a pic tomorrow, I'm at my parents now and there are no well lit areas in the house, and it's grey and rainy out.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My first pair of Zam pants were heavy linen minimalist DNA pants! Way back in 2012 I think. Still love those things to death. But the heavy linen minimalist slim pants this season are on a whole new level. Really doesn't surprise me that they were in such high demand as to warrant a couple of restocks, they might very well be the best pair of pants Zam has ever produced. And I say that as someone who has amassed a collection of Zam pants/jeans/shorts numbering in the neighborhood of two dozen pairs. I mean look at the texture on these!

Managed to snag all three color/fabric combinations of them (thank **** for the restocks) and wear them a hell of a lot. Also, nobody's really talked about the combat green cotton version, but they're also pretty great. Definitely not your bog standard cotton, very substantial.

Really glad you're an official affiliate now, Zam, hopefully it brings more customers into the fold. I've had nothing but good experiences over the last four years and change and I'd love to see more people experience the amazing clothes that you and your team make. Can't wait to see what's in store for next year, every season seems to bring unique things.

Got images of the green cotton?

I'd buy basically every fabric in this cut, its great.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am happy to see everyone got their pants and are supper happy and showing off the love.
@bows1 those boots are the perfect boots to wear those pants with and i am happy you are enjoying them.the green ones are also very great, about the same weight as the linen, but they are more stiff, but should get softer with wearing. i will try to post some pics of them here soon.

@Noctone
you have been one of our most loyal customers and we have truly appreciated doing business with you over the years. i am happy to know you are satisfied with your products and we hope to continue to take great care of you and you know you are in that special group with us that will get the best deals/ service that we strive to provide our clients . that you again and we are happy to have you as a part of the ZB family.
Also that tank is something special. I have like about 6 of them and that's only because by brother has stolen like about 3-4 of them...

@oulipien
this "grey" dye we use is very interesting. the black comes out black on everything, but this grey ye has wild variations depending on the fabric we are using it on, the base color of the fabric before it was dyed and the amount of time in each stage of the dye process.
We have seen it give bluish hues, we have sen it give small red spots, we have seen it give, grey, green and purplish tones. We have seen it give a greyish brown. the marbled shaded of grey/ brown within this particular piece is lovely though.
@max_r
Enjoy! and welcome!
Yes please share your pictures when you can.

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got images of the green cotton?

I'd buy basically every fabric in this cut, its great.

This is about the best capture I could get, for some reason the pattern of the fabric makes it really hard to get exposure levels right. IRL there's none of the whitish contrast you'll see below.

Also that tank is something special. I have like about 6 of them and that's only because by brother has stolen like about 3-4 of them...

Can't say I blame him... :D Really love the weight of the fabric.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
16114199_1392199144132590_7013249725285486193_n.jpg

THE HENRIKSSON HOODIE
- A History -
It was the year 2011, and we received an email from one of our customers on the other side of the world, He was interested in commissioning us to design a special hoodie for him. He did not want something traditional. No kangaroo pockets, no ribbed cuffs, none of the traditional features that are associated with a traditional hoodie. the only thing he wanted that it should be made of wool knit.
with very little info, we began to work.
16114038_1392198910799280_3855026836435852300_n.jpg

I took out a jacket pattern, as I wanted this to be something slim fitting and tailored, curved sleeves in the same manner of a blazer. I designed the hood to be a part of the body of the garment but not a separate piece. the location of the customer was in Sweden. Cold so I designed the hood to close high up on the wearers face, with just enough space for the eyes and part of the nose, Pockets were added, but ones in the side seams, constructed in the inside to conceal them. The Garment was clean, minimal and without any detail that was not functional.

16003134_1392198914132613_7480260274369433678_n.jpg

When the client received his garment he was more than pleased. the fit was great, the design and construction was more than he imagined, and he ordered three more.
With his blessing, we decided to name the garment in his honor and to product it as a part of our offerings to other customers. Little did we know, this particular garment would become our most successful outerwear piece and one of the most successful offerings from our workroom.

15966229_1392199057465932_7541184105263979543_n.jpg

We make them every season, with tweaks, adjustments etc to keep them fresh. Somehow though, the original is still the best and we keep going back to that clean, minimal piece , a pure design stripped down to the bare essentials and elevated by virtue of its fit, functionality and timelessness.
We make them in Cotton. We make them in Wool, Now we make then in leather. they are loved in leather, because of its simplicity and versatility. they can be worn over T-shirts, in lighter weather. then under blazers or coats in colder temperatures.
Everyone who owns them are in love with them, possibly the perfect hoodie.

16114199_1392198977465940_685833008240191513_n.jpg

This FW16 Season, for the first time we make the leather ones with a lining. Cotton. Stretch. With a gloved sleeve. Two big inner pockets, the original outer design untampered with, nothing was needed there so we didn't bother, we just wanted to make it warmer. It is. Mission accomplished, and a great garment has been made greater without compromise.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can't say I blame him...
biggrin.gif
Really love the weight of the fabric.
Of all the fabrics we have used to make tanks, this is the best. its a silk/ cotton blend and does not pill, retains its shape and the raw hems do not roll or shred.
the FW16 version has some of the same features but is not as substantial as this fabric.
I wish we could have gotten an endless supply, but we had it for like three seasons and now there is no more.
the earlier cotton ones were not as great as this either.....

@bows1
@Noctone's picture is very good in showing the texture of the fabric, the weight is as substantial as the linen ones, but this is stiffer and drapes less as the linen was washed and dyied and washed again ti create the soften you have.

here are a few other shots of it in the green cotton
15965279_1392296380789533_8983128520172945849_n.jpg

15977142_1392296387456199_3246634214909383802_n.jpg

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's my minimalist heavy linen pants in black. I didn't bother to take any close up shots since Bows and Noctone's pics above nail it.

The pictures came out kinda crappy and grainy and washed out, but its always a crapshoot with my old iphone 5s.

I got size 48. I think I may have been able to go down to 46 as there is a bit of room in the waist, but it would likely have been too tight in the legs, particularly the calf. I'll just wear a belt. Very happy with them, super comfy. Comfy pants are kinda new to me, since I've been wearing raw denim for so many years.

How do you guys wash these pants? I don't see care instructions on the tag.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the henirkson. I wear mine all the time. I need to pick up a few more pieces. I am hoping for a hoodie or jacket that i can wear as a warm layer under the leather henrikson

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads