Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Zamb, Jan 5, 2017.

1. MrOriginal

MrOriginal Member

Eyeing the henriksson combat green leather hoodie, but I'm a 41in chest and usually wear a 42 US jacket size, so I guess I'd need a 52 right? 50 would probably be too tight?

2. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

Aw, there I was thinking I could get my hoodie before Chinese New Year.

3. Zamb

Zamb Senior member Affiliate Vendor

thanks for the inquiry
    unfortunately we do not have a size 52 in this, so the 50 is the only option. I think it will be tight for you. I have a 50 in the unlined verson, but with thev lining I think you will need the 52.
    I am very sorry to hear this. didnt even know Chinese New Year is this Saturday.
    enjoy the holiday, we will make sure you are happy when it arrives

4. Zamb

THE HIGH NECK MINIMALIST JACKET - THE STORY

[​IMG]

As the FW16/17 season comes to a close, it would e unfair to continue our product feature series, without doing an article on the High Neck Inner Leather Jacket.
    While we have done and continue to do many leather Jacket styles, the Inner leather holds a special place for us. It was the signature piece in that legendary FW11 collection that was our first collection shown in Paris, and the one that gave us the recognition of being serious menswear Avant Garde designers in this Artisanal niche market.
    Looking back on that collection, there were so many pieces in their first and early development stages that we continue to do new iterations of to this day.
    Items like the MINIMALIST J JEANS, THE RAZOR COAT, THE HENRIKSSON HOODIE, all were first shown as a part of this collection exactly six years ago.

[​IMG]

Now Back to the High Neck Inner Leather:
    While the jacket has only seen three iterations because it's not made every season, except for an adjustment of the sleeve cuff, the original design remains unchanged. Sometimes a garment is so perfect in its execution that any needless changes to it becomes a step back, rather than a forward movement. This is one of those cases.

[​IMG]

For that particular season, we were focused on the idea of creating garments, that were simple on the outside, but complex internally, in the same manner as the human body. Anyone who does not understand biology or a child who has no knowledge of internal organs, will assume that the human body consist of only the visible parts such as skin, eyes. mouth, hands legs etc.
    However to the advanced individual, organs such as heart, lungs, brain, intestines etc are all a part of the package. The INNER JACKET was built on this concept. the idea of creating garments that were simple on the outside, but had pockets, colors (Red was used for the color of blood) on the inside, more that what first meets the eye
    The Jacket was originally made from Himalayan goat leather. Black. Two double sliding riri zippers that are visible on the outside, when opened they reveal the red leather underneath, with a second set of pockets build into the red leather that is completely invisible when worn. In the same manner human internal organs are not visible externally.
    The second iteration if the Jacket was the Combat Green Version shown in the picture here. Interestingly only three examples of this color was made as it never made production. Anyone who owns this version happens to own one of the rarest Jackets we have ever produced
    [​IMG]

The jacket was pretty much out of our rotation, until we got two request for a custom order of the jacket, as customers seemed very fond of it as one of the great jackets we ever produced, Most customers who own them seem to hold on to them and speak of them in fond terms, the design, the construction, the substantial structure of the piece, almost bulletproof in feel. So we decided to produce it again for the Fall 2016/17 season. with the exception of a slight change to the sleeve (the button closure was remove to simplify the sleeve. the Jacket has remained unchanged from the original design.

[​IMG]

For the FW 16 version, we made it in Horween Horse Leather, 2 oz, sturdy but not stiff, substantial but not uncomfortable, Only 8 of them were made, so even this season its still a rare piece. We have a client in Greece, who owns many leathers, and he swears that this is the best jacket ever made by any designer anywhere. its good to know customer swear by your products on that level, with so much other options on the market.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. max_r

max_r Senior member

Does anyone here own a 4-button blazer? If so, do you have any pictures of how it looks with the collar folded down? I can't find any online.

6. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior member

I've got a "reversible" faulted short sleeve shirt... and I've gotta say, it confuses me. In another world, was it a sweater whose sleeves were cut in half? Doesn't really feel much like a tee and I'm still a bit iffy about how it feels on my skin. It's better after I washed it but when I first got it... oi.

7. Zamb

@Lohikaarme can you tell me what confuses you about it?
    There are several versions of this shirt and we essentially make them every season in one form or another. can you tell me the season/ version you have?

The fabrics are always double ply so they tend to be heavier than a traditional T-shirt.
    I have a few but my favorite was the SS16 Short Sleeve version that tended up losing last week in Paris. No there are two patterns, one for long sleeve and one for short, the body is the same, but the sleeves are cit slightly different.

8. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Ive been eyeing the high neck inner leather. My only worry is the 52 not fitting me since i ended up having to size up on the leather henrikson to a custom 54!

9. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

Custom? Presumably that's not on sale

10. etostano

etostano Senior member

Can't advise on sizing (mine was a custom probably ~58-60) but the inner leather is seriously great so either way you should get one.

11. Zamb

Yes for those who have irregular fit issue that is always the best possibility
    I am glad you chimed in because I told him we had a few custom orders and you were one of them.
    Like you Id make him a muslin pattern to fit first so all fit issues are worked out. the beauty is that he is in the US, so shipping the muslin to him is not an issue

12. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior member

I'm not sure what season it was from. I got it from your sample/warehouse sale last August. I believe it's this guy:
    [​IMG]
    Though I think in that image it's worn on the reverse side + has sleeves rolled up. No large paper tag on the mode's side though (I suppose you'd have to cut that and the neck tag to actually make it reversible). I don't remember many details other than it was called the reversible faulted shoulder short sleeve shirt (more or less) and it was described as being a "spongy cotton."

I suppose the two parts that confuse me is the material and sleeve length. The combo of the two made me think it was basically a sweater with lower half of the sleeves cut off. Definitely heavy weight.

13. Zamb

Yes I know that one.
    Cant speak for the sample sale at the moment, not many of those were produced. Certainly not a long sleeve hacked off. We have both long and short sleeve.
    the "Paper" (tyvek) labels are supposed to be removed and it comes with a small leather tag at the neck with Zam Barrett written on it. the same ones that comes on the beenies.

Maybe the one you got was a prototype? All kinds of stuff are sold in a sample sale........

14. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior member

It's all good. I'm warming up to the shirt. I quite like it, actually. Just needed a softening in the washing machine. Actually, it's really good when it's a bit colder and I need something warmer but not wanting a jacket.

15. Zamb

We didnt offer a short sleeve for the FW16/17 Season.
    There is a high neck version in White/ Light Grey that is really good. the fabric is thick, kind of soft and spongy 100% cotton, no problem with comfort at al with this particular fabric. This one also has the side vent detail that the one you have does not

There will be Grey/ Black for SS17 in both long and short sleeve iterations, in a wool/ cotton blend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017