• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Zamb thats a really nice look at the combat pants.

Is the rise longer than in the standard soft j cut?

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Zamb thats a really nice look at the combat pants.

Is the rise longer than in the standard soft j cut?
Yes it is, we started with the J cut pattern, but made significant adjustments to in in order to achieve what we desired
I think the only portion from the J pants that remained untouched was the side Panel

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
e779354c-c191-4365-8c76-f45141ade955.gif

CATEGORY M

Over the last 4 to 5 seasons, Zam Barrett Dialogue has produced a line of products quietly with the Category M label.
I am sure by now many of our customers own several garments with this label, shipped to them from our workrooms here at Zfactorie.
This article is with the intent to clarify, and help our clients to understand what is category M and how it fits and relates to the other aspects of our brand.
Also it is important for them to know know that beginning the fall 2017 season, Category M will be a stand alone category/ sub-brand with its own full range of products from Outerwear, to tops, pants, and accessories existing alongside the Zam Barrett Brand.

WHAT IS CATEGORY M

The products we make here at Zfactorie are divided into three groups based on the first name of the founding designer Zam Barrett.

The breakdown is as follows:

Z - Mainline items, heavily based on research and design, with higher end fabrics, experimental cuts, tailored goods, leathers etc.

A - Accessories, self explanatory. Bags, Belts, Scarves, Beanies, Wallets, etc etc etc.

M - Mass produced items that experience little or no change in terms of design, from season to season. Items such as Henriksson Hoodies, DNA Jeans, Tanks, tops such as the Echadh etc fall under this category.

Before the FW17 season, Category M did not have any outerwear and there was not much distinction between the pricing of category M and the Z category products.

WHAT WILL CHANGE

Several things
Category M will be expanded into its own full range of products to include Outwear and Tailored goods
The pricing will also change significantly in relation to Z category items

Category M will have tops ranging from $80 USD up to a Max of $180 USD at full retail
Category M pants will range from around 280 up to 390 at full retail
Outerwear will cap out at $610 maximum at retail

The Fabrications will of course be different, it will still have its commitment to natural fabrics, but category M will be more Cotton and Linen based with a lot more jeans, canvas etc. Where there is leather it will function as a detail / trim in category M products rather than a full garment.

The finishings for category M will be more raw, less refined but still within the artisanal ethos of the Zam Barrett Brand

ZAM BARRETT

As we expand Category M, Zam Barrett (the mainline) will take on a more focused tone. the will be the expansion of leather and tailored goods. the elimination of "basics" and a more focus on experimental and researched offerings.
there will be a lot more outerwear, More tailored goods, more non jeans pants, more shirting in fine fabrics.

Last edited:

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That violet leather jacket!
that color is coming back for this fall in the Tri Zip high neck leather in Horeshide

there will be A LOT of Leather this fall......ad a lot of interesting colorways in the offerings

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I regret not ordering this but my weights been all over the place so I need to stabilize!

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
my weight's been all over the place and i still ordered one, benes-chan!

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry to everyone trying to get a hold of me, I will answer you all on Sunday
I was called back to the Tannery and went today.
Just came back with a massive haul of leather

Horse
Bison
Calf
Camel
Lots of leather Jackets will be available for fall

the the 50% off FINAL SALE is on, we sold a lot of stuff but added more items
Check it out, will be back to everyone on Sunday

@oulipien you look Great!
@nahneun come visit Zfactorie!
@Benesyed , we are gonna be making the production ones soon, you might still be able to make an order!

talk to you guys on Sunday!

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
-- ZFACTORIE FW17 FIRST DELIVERY 09 / 13/ 17--

We are pleased to announce to you that the first set of items to be released for FW17 will be available on September 13th 2017
Generally our first set of items would be available earlier than now, usually in August.
However we have been taking our time to ensure that everything is done well, photographed well and tthat we are using the best means possibly to present the products

The Fall Winter 17 collection will be our biggest season so far in terms of products made available, along with the separation of CATEGORY M AS A STAND ALONE SUB BRAND with its own label, items, pricing product groups and identity.
Many of the more classic items will be available under category M, along with a series of new items made to fit within it's pricing and aesthetic parameters parameters

Under Category M, T shirts and tops will run from $80 to $180.
Pants from $250 - $390.
Outerwear capping off at around $600 - $700.

There will also be a CATEGORY M SUIT, that will be priced around $800 (USD)
We had originally planned no release of leathers Jackets under M, but went against that decision and currently the process of developing one leather Jacket to be added to the outerwear section of the offerings
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the Zam Barrett Segment of our offerings, there will be more Coats, more Tailored Goods and a wide assortment of Leather Jackets in Horse, Calf, Bison and Deer

The High Neck Inner Leather Jacket will be back in Black/ Midnight horsehide

The High Neck Tri Zip Leather Jacket will be available in Overdyed Maroon Horsehide

Fully lined Henriksson Leather will be back in Black SOFT BISON Leather. Also available in Jerez Blue-black CALF.

A large assortment of tops and tees will also be released this week with the majority of the Outerwear to come later this Month.
We appreciate your patience in waiting on the release of our products.
We too are existed about what is to come for the season.

Feel free to message us at: [email protected] for all your inquiries about upcoming items.

FIRST DELIVERY 2.jpg

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We are extending our additional 50off sale until September 12th. The day before the release of FW item.
We have updated our inventory with what remains so you can fee fee to take advantage of the Items available while we work on the launch of the FW17 season

50-off-sept12-edit.png

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That coat in the 50% of image looks kind of Schneider-esque (possibly just because of the colorblocking). Looking forward to seeing the FW stuff.

Lohikaarme

Reaction score
Hey Zam, how cross-seasonal are your weightless items? Do they all use the same fabric? I think I'm able to get a weightless blazer from a few seasons ago but I'm not sure if it'll match the weightless DNAs you're selling to actually become a suit.

etostano

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Zamb, post: 8998599, member: 193336]

The High Neck Inner Leather Jacket will be back in Black/ Midnight horsehide

The High Neck Tri Zip Leather Jacket will be available in Overdyed Maroon Horsehide

View attachment 839896 [/QUOTE]

Overdyed maroon horsehide = sign me up now!

Coincidentally, am wearing my inner leather from last fall for the first time this season tonight. I had forgotten how perfect it is!

Auximenes

Reaction score
That coat in the 50% of image looks kind of Schneider-esque (possibly just because of the colorblocking). Looking forward to seeing the FW stuff.

yes, very "wick" coat, i think that was the name, from fw14 maybe

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads