• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zaharoff suits

ezboy1000

Reaction score
I came across a number of zaharoff suits on ebay in my size. They seem to be contemporary suits at a good price, although I know nothing about this brand. My search of the site didn't help me at all either. My internet search also wasn't helpful, which made me a little suspicious.

Can anyone comment on the brand? Are these fused or canvas? Any idea of the cut?

For ease of reference, I am including a link to one of the adds:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-ZAHAROFF...Btn-Suit-42-42L-x-36-MSRP-2-195-/380416470629

steve2318

Reaction score
+ 1 ...I have been looking at suits from the same ebay seller but I couldn't find any information on Zaharoff either ....

ezboy1000

Reaction score

Please check out
Italian fabrics, American made.

That doesn't tell me anything.

Is it strange that the most recent collection on the website linked above is Fall 2011. Wouldn't Spring 2012 be out now or am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:

ezboy1000

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply George.

I am going to purchase one of your suits, given your representations of quality and construction, and will certainly provide a review for SF once I receive it.

I do like some of the bold patterns of your suits, so assuming the cut works for me, I might end up being a convert.

Zeek

Reaction score
I just purchased a Zaharoff suit - it was between the Zarahoff and Joseph Abboud.

It's being tailored but with the exception of the pants 'it' fit almost perfectly and looked better than some BOSS suits I was trying on just for fun!

ezboy1000

Reaction score
It might be stating the obvious here, but it is odd that 3 replies on this short thread have come from brand new posters. I understand the reply from Mr. Zaharoff, but what are the chances that the other two "new" members aren't attached to the brand? Maybe, maybe not; it just strikes me as odd.

Zeek - I'd also mention that comparing Zaharoff to Joseph Abboud, or even Hugo Boss, doesn't fill me with confidence. If Zaharoff suits are fully canvassed, with quality fabrics, and a modern fit, the brand shouldn't be compared with lesser quality brands. It would be analogous to suggesting you were deciding between Bostonian and Allen Edmonds shoes. They really aren't comparable and are targeted to different markets.

I did purchase the Zaharoff suit that was linked in my original post. Once it arrives, as promised, I will provide a proper review.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Zeek - I'd also mention that comparing Zaharoff to Joseph Abboud, or even Hugo Boss, doesn't fill me with confidence. If Zaharoff suits are fully canvassed, with quality fabrics, and a modern fit, the brand shouldn't be compared with lesser quality brands. It would be analogous to suggesting you were deciding between Bostonian and Allen Edmonds shoes. They really aren't comparable and are targeted to different markets.
I did purchase the Zaharoff suit that was linked in my original post. Once it arrives, as promised, I will provide a proper review.

+1. I've bought Oxxford from Frieschskys before. I'm much more interested in how it compares to that than Abboud.
Fred

Zeek

Reaction score
ezboy - I hear ya. My comparison was based on the suits that were available in my size at this particular retailer and similar price-point. I'm not sure what you're looking to obtain from a $500 suit, I'm not a brand guy - I buy/wear what looks best to my build. Personally, Abboud and BOSS are at my upper limit in terms of suit prices so I'll be interested to see what you say about the suit you purchased. I will say - I had to go 'up' a full suit size, I'm usually a 44R, but a 46L in Zaharoff.

Also, I have no relation to the brand - yes it's rather odd, I googled Zaharoff reviews (found this thread) and also found it extremely odd that the same day I purchase this suit the thread was just recently started...

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it not strange that a make which has never featured here suddenly attracts the attention of the manufacturer in his FIRST post and a further complimentary post by someone also on his first post..... This is blatant advertising of an unknown brand that merits deletion.

Zeek

Reaction score
"This is blatant advertising of an unknown brand that merits deletion."

Based on what? Believe it or not, some users are actually new to this forum. Me being one of those new users that googled reviews of this suit and found this thread.

As you were.
Zeek

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"This is blatant advertising of an unknown brand that merits deletion."

Based on what?  Believe it or not, some users are actually new to this forum.  Me being one of those new users that googled reviews of this suit and found this thread.

As you were.
Zeek

Think abiut it:

An unknown brand appears here and within hours the manufacturer joins and then some one else joins within hours of that and praises that brand fullsomely. Far too many coincidences to be genuine..

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the Maureen Jacobs post is fishy but not the Zeek post. No one working for the maker would compare a $1200 suit to Joseph Abboud.

Zeek

Reaction score
I think that was a 'zing' at me but I don't really know so I'll just claim ignorance but I def did not try on any $1200 suit! The BOSS, Abboud and Zroff were all at/around $500...

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's a coincidence; here's why:

Frieshky is one of the major sellers on ebay, and I'm sure alot of people check the store for suits and such. I have them on my list of saved sellers as well, and noticed the Zaharoff suits. I did a search on SF last week and didn't find anything (but I didn't bother to post about it). Therefore, I think it was only a matter of time before somebody asked about it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads