• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Z Zegna fully canvassed?

saiyar1

Reaction score
The ones I've seen are definitely not, but there could be several types/models.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
90% sure it's an error - Zegna mainline is fully canvassed

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fully canvassed lined jacket and trousers lined to front knee

That sounds like it should have been fully lined and somebody inserted canvassed.

bwp

Reaction score
Zegna's site lists some of the Z Zegna models as half canvassed, so not all are fused. I did notice on Bluefly that the models that say fused are a few hundred bucks cheaper than the ones that say canvassed, this leads me to believe that some are at least half canvassed.

Last edited:

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could you post a link to the Zegna site showing this? I've never seen anything on the Zegna sites that mentioned canvassing.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could you post a link to the Zegna site showing this? I've never seen anything on the Zegna sites that mentioned canvassing.

I was told by one of the department stores (can't remember which one) that the Z Zegna I was trying on recently was half canvassed.

Mark Anthony

Reaction score

Zegna's site lists some of the Z Zegna models as half canvassed, so not all are fused. I did notice on Bluefly that the models that say fused are a few hundred bucks cheaper than the ones that say canvassed, this leads me to believe that some are at least half canvassed.

But doesn't half canvassed mean it is half fused too?

Z-Zegna is not fully canvassed that much I am pretty sure, it is their lower priced entry level suit.

So it is $645 with your extra discount? OK, but you may do better with a Benjamin which is fully canvassed and still less money or even a BB 1818 when on sale. You pay a premium even at discount for the Zegna name.

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen a mix of fused and half canvassed Z Zegnas. The one I own is half canvassed.

To be honest I'm not sure how much difference full vs. half makes since the top of the coat is what matters most for appropriate draping.

ultramantaro

Reaction score
Yoox always makes anything look terrible, so it's best to see it in person. The rise is pretty aggressive on the low side, but taht doesn't mean that it's bad unless you absolutely hate this kind of look and prefer the classic type because you arent slim enough to fit in.

ultramantaro

Reaction score
But doesn't half canvassed mean it is half fused too?
Z-Zegna is not fully canvassed that much I am pretty sure, it is their lower priced entry level suit.
So it is $645 with your extra discount? OK, but you may do better with a Benjamin which is fully canvassed and still less money or even a BB 1818 when on sale. You pay a premium even at discount for the Zegna name.

Do Benjamin and 1818 have slimmer cuts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads