• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Z Zegna drop 8 suits - where?

paulrox

Reaction score
Where can I get these suits for lower than retail? I love the fit OTR but I'm on a bit of a budget right now.

My first post -- please go easy on me.

Paul

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could troll the outlets. If you've got more time then money invest the time. IOTW keep checking the shops.

paulrox

Reaction score
Any shops you guys can recommend? I'm in Toronto and see them at Harry Rosen for about $1300. Is that outrageous? Any other suggestions?

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's outrageous if you don't want to pay it.

You need to figure out what it's worth to you.

The fact the local outlet here in Italy was blowing them out this summer at less then €100 doesn't do you much good. You'd need a time machine to go back to the summer. Hope they have your size. Hope they have a cloth that interests you.

Personally at that price I'd ask how much more the Milano is. Milano comes in higher drops if you want it.

RangerP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by paulrox
Any shops you guys can recommend? I'm in Toronto and see them at Harry Rosen for about $1300. Is that outrageous? Any other suggestions?

Unless you absolutely need it right away... don't buy it at Harry Rosen.

I hate encouraging that place... Such a rip off.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
heyo, I'm right with you in T.O. and like those drop 8's too. 1. Yes, it's overpriced considering it's fused and made in mexico... that being said I personally love the fit and styling... but it's just expensive for what it is. 2. Holt's also carries these suits, so there's another option. They're priced at a more reasonable (?) $1100, and every year go on sale so you should be able to pick one up for closer to about $800-900. 3. Note.. there's actually 2 drop 8's. one is called the "deco" and fits a bit looser. Just FYI. I saw it in the states so i'm not sure Holts or Harry's has that one to confuse you. Another thing, I spoke with the SA Lisa at the Yorkdale Holt's and she said they actually order several different body styles. it's the same cut, but I had noticed that some had roped shoulders for example. So there might be some variations in styleing depending on season or model or whatever. 4. And to finally answer your question, check Yoox? maybe it was bluefly. But I know one of those online guys sell them 5. I'd also recomend calling around the USA chains like saks, nordstroms, barneys, etc. Especially the outlets. a few phone calls might save you hundreds of dollars. PS - http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=66127

paulrox

Reaction score
Any suggestions for other lines with a fit similar to the drop 8?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
do you mean other lines with a drop 8? or a similar styling to Zegna?

because the Anthony RLBL for example is a solid drop 8, but it's a very different style. Much stronger chest and shoulders, quite a striking cut really, but it's not the same as Zegna's. Now it's about $1500-1800 IIRC but fully canvassed and they are around here or there on sale, but they probably own't be cheap. If I were going to pay hte full Z-Zegna retail of $1100 or something, I'd rather buy an on sale RLBL, but if your budget is under $1K you may have some trouble finding one. it's possible though.

If you want a slim cut, relatively cheap, and don't mind fusing... then there are some options around. For a somewhat related cut to Zegna, check out Tiger or Sweden and also maybe try the HUGO line while you're at Boomer (Queen west). You might like the Tiger. also probably available online for much cheaper.
At Holt's, check out the Paul Smith Byard or Abbey Road. There's also that new Burberry London one downstairs at Bloor (overpriced and lacks personality IMO but relatively slim).

I dunno, just naming whatever comes to mind with a reasonably slim fit. Hope taht's a start.

paulrox

Reaction score
I will check all of those out. What do you suspect areprice neighborhoods for some of them? Tiger, sweden, etc?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
all over the place, also depends on sales and such. There's a company in the Eaton's center called Stonehouse, which used to be Grafton and Co. I think they also carry Tiger of Sweden, so they might have more selection then boomer and better prices. It's been a while, but might be worth a quick pop in to check.

edit - Stonehouse is now closed there

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stonehouse? Come on man! I think we are talking about a different class of suit here.

+1 on Holt. They have two big sales a year. One is at Christmas (I can't remember if it's just before or just after). They have price drops up to 50% but no idea if it will be the suit you are looking for. Harry Rosen has similar sales, but I don't think you will see price drops like that except maybe on HB.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
lol, I meant avoid anything else in the store, but Tiger of Sweden might be a cut worth checking out if you're in the mall anyway. We're talking about a fused zegna suit, so maybt not quite a different class.

Harry's probably won't have great price drops, after all they're not really a "discount" type store. Another idea is to buy the Zegna from Holt's in the next week or two and then wait the 30 days return time (?) to see if they drop it a few hundred dollars.

RangerP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
lol, I meant avoid anything else in the store, but Tiger of Sweden might be a cut worth checking out if you're in the mall anyway. We're talking about a fused zegna suit, so maybt not quite a different class.

Harry's probably won't have great price drops, after all they're not really a "discount" type store. Another idea is to buy the Zegna from Holt's in the next week or two and then wait the 30 days return time (?) to see if they drop it a few hundred dollars.

Wow... I didn't know that store carried Tiger of Sweden suits.

I'll definitely check it out next time I'm in Toronto. If someone drops by the store, could you report back on the pricing of these suits. A PM would even be appreciated if you can!

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are looking in the Tiger of Sweden range, then Strellson might be worth checking as well. It's now available at the Bay and other fine clothiers.

Beetleything

Reaction score
Last year a week or 2 before xmas i went into HOLt's and found a Paul Smith suit that fitted nice (although the trousers are ALWAYS about 2 inches to big in the waist!!) and had the sales guy hold it for a week until the sale started and i got the sale price which was about 4-500 less.

I'd love a slim cut 40R with trousers that are drop 8 (or even 9).
But yeah the BYARD P.S. is slim cut and nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads