• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yves Saint Laurent suits

emakris

Reaction score
I only have one YSL suit and I love it, despite being fused and very, very inexpensive. Charcoal, it fits me really well without any alterations whatsoever (apart from trouser length), fit is slim and generally very well put together. The fabric is Zegna, most likely a lower end line.

I had it for over 4 years and it's still going strong. Made in Italy.

ranker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emakris
I only have one YSL suit and I love it, despite being fused and very, very inexpensive. Charcoal, it fits me really well without any alterations whatsoever (apart from trouser length), fit is slim and generally very well put together. The fabric is Zegna, most likely a lower end line.

I had it for over 4 years and it's still going strong. Made in Italy.

Even their Rive Gauche line is fused?

emakris

Reaction score
I must admit, I am not familiar with YSL lines; I don't even know which line mine is. The YSL was the first "good" suit I acquired, long before I became familiar with designers, their lines and such details as fusing. I put it on, liked the fit and bought it (from a well known chain of suit shops at their Regent St. shop). I never expected it to last this long or, by the looks of things, for longer.

This suit is my only experience with YSL products and it's a very good one for an extremely attractive price.

dzang

Reaction score
Whats the quality on the made in France YSL suits?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rive Gauche make an excellent slim fitting suit.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Rive Gauche. It's rather 70s in styling but well....it's YSL so this is to be expected and not considered a bad thing.

Is the cloth always Zegna these days?

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I believe so. I'm also a fan

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I compare the cut of YSL suits to be almost exactly like Emporio. You really cannot tell the difference by looking at them on someone/ or on the rack.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ysl rive gauche, or ysl (i think the newer collections over the last 2 years dropped the rive gauche)
made by zegna most in switzerland i love the fit and extra detailing, and it is a very high quality suit, from my favorites, i have 2 sportscoats and about 3 suits from ysl.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
2 year old thread bumped by a n0ob guys...

hrv123

Reaction score
I didn't realize there was a moratorium on posting in older threads.

Should I have started a new thread and been lambasted for not using the search function only to improve the timestamp of the thread?

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hrv123
I didn't realize there was a moratorium on posting in older threads.

Should I have started a new thread and been lambasted for not using the search function only to improve the timestamp of the thread?

Yes.

BTW - generally fused crap although some people like the shape of the them and find the label comforting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads