• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yves Saint Laurent Collapsed Today

drax

Reaction score
The venerable YSL collapsed outside a posh hotel in Paris today. Cant find any news only heard through a phone call from Vogue. Any one seen any reports online? Is the great man still with us?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didn't collapse. He just slipped and fell - he's doing fine. Just a few scratches

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...que/article.do I love this part: It follows increasing concerns about the multi-millionaire's health after a lifetime of high living involving drink, drugs and numerous glamorous girfriends.... "Yves never looks super healthy at the best of times, but this came as a real shock."

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it must be a shame to have that combination of astronomical fame and physical frailty which makes something as insignificant and embarassing as busting your ass on the curb into world-wide news.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Crazy how the world works. Dr. Atkins slipped and fell in front of his health center/store and now he is 6 feet under.

who?

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...que/article.do

I love this part:
It follows increasing concerns about the multi-millionaire's health after a lifetime of high living involving drink, drugs and numerous glamorous girfriends....
"Yves never looks super healthy at the best of times, but this came as a real shock."

Which part? The part about him not looking great or his many girlfriends?

b

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Which part? The part about him not looking great or his many girlfriends?

b

GF's, I think
rolleyes.gif

drax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
He didn't collapse. He just slipped and fell - he's doing fine. Just a few scratches

I hope thats the case. Reports are definitely contradictory - but the media being the media its bound to be less of a drama than reported.
Hope he makes a speedy recovery.
Hes been frail for twenty years. Most fashion writers i know in London regularly update their versions of his obituary.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, do I feel bad. I actually thought he had passed away a year or two ago. Glad to know I was wrong.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saint Laurent is 70 years old. He's very tired. It's a miracle he's still with us. This man is a towering genius, of fashion. We will never, ever see the likes of him again. My sister wore his clothes exclusively, for close to 25 years. Every time she got dressed, it was an event. We own 200 pieces of vintage Rive Gauche. Anyone who wants to see my exhibition album, can send me a private message. I'll be happy to share our display. The show received praise from Harold Koda, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and from the Ambassador of France. This is my favorite ensemble, from our collection:
1208re2.jpg

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
It follows increasing concerns about the multi-millionaire's health after a lifetime of high living involving drink, drugs and numerous glamorous girfriends....
"Yves never looks super healthy at the best of times, but this came as a real shock."

I can only hope that the same words are written about me some day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads