• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen vs Quoddy vs Oak Street bootmakers. The Ultimate Showdown

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A.L.Z.
Again, I call your bluff, whatever123....

Fax away: +1 212 902 1000

I'm waiting....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How would you think that this is a good idea to post on the internet. Sorry boss, someone posted the fax number on 4chan and they faxed us 7,000 pictures of goat penises because I argue about boat shoes on the internet during business hours.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How would you think that this is a good idea to post on the internet. Sorry boss, someone posted the fax number on 4chan and they faxed us 7,000 pictures of goat penises because I argue about boat shoes on the internet during business hours.

lol this would be hilarious/terrible haha

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
well i googled the fax number and it appears to be a legit line so it's his loss, i can't imagine why anyone with an ounce of intelligence would post that **** but it's pretty tempting since there are like 10 places i could probably post that where he would get some serious attention

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
well i googled the fax number and it appears to be a legit line so it's his loss, i can't imagine why anyone with an ounce of intelligence would post that **** but it's pretty tempting since there are like 10 places i could probably post that where he would get some serious attention

you are as slow as you look

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
you are as slow as you look
what, doggy, what are you trying to say? come on, tell us!!!!
laugh.gif
what an angry, terrible little man you are

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
dont do that. it would be to funny though.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
here's jet saying i'm slow but who is actually dumb enough to post any kind of personal contact information on a public website, especially in an argument

Vaudevillian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A.L.Z.
Yes, much of what is coming out of Italian big names this year--Ferragamo, Gucci, Prada--are copies of Alden styles or even American popular styles like loafers and boatshoes....I noticed that too...

What is considered "mainstream" in Milano among the upper middle class? not the 0.X% who can afford Alden, but the rest....

mah, I'm not a retail expert or anything but I'd say Tod's, Hogan, Fratelli Rossetti, possibly some Prada.

Vaudevillian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
are aldens popular in italy?

you would think with the options they have they would be as popular as they are in the states.

'popular' is not the right word, most people wouldn't even know what they are but within the 0.x% I was mentioning above (who tends to have a more international outlook), they are big, just like Visvim, etc.

I sort of understand Alden are not seen as very special in the US, is that so? Well, I must admit I actually bought a pair one year ago and they have served me well ever since.

A.L.Z.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vaudevillian
'popular' is not the right word, most people wouldn't even know what they are but within the 0.x% I was mentioning above (who tends to have a more international outlook), they are big, just like Visvim, etc.

I sort of understand Alden are not seen as very special in the US, is that so? Well, I must admit I actually bought a pair one year ago and they have served me well ever since.

No no...Alden are very very popular in the US, among the 0.x% of American men who care about shoes...it is "the shoe".

Alden = cordovan (horse rump leather) in the US. THe British will never never wear anything made of their beloved horses.....so it is not popular in England.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads