Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Yuketen vs Quoddy vs Oak Street bootmakers. The Ultimate Showdown

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by miran, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

quoddy is in the lead naturally

2. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

quoddy is in the lead naturally
    damn ... i need to vote. [​IMG] so are you going to answer the question jet or are you going to do your usual run around? dont be such a sheep and stand up for yourself ... show us what you know rockin those sw quoddys!

3. habitant

habitant Senior member

John Goodman Crush all mocs!

4. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

I love me some Yuketen's, have 4 pair. But for the price I just dont know if they are worth it over Quoddy's. I voted Quoddy.

5. *#..

*#.. Senior member

No option for Minnetonka? [​IMG]

6. A.L.Z.

A.L.Z. Senior member

This poll is interesting, although the Ã[​IMG]lite such as myself are naturally weary of plebiscite results....I am sure if this poll was opened up to every guy on the street, Sperry would win by a landslide....

I have a request---a lot of folks here seem to have Quoddys, Yuketens, Oak Street bootmakers.

Can we all post up pics of our mocs on our feet.....so we can bask in the glory of the construction and the exotic leathers and really see which is the best? Yes, real home-made photos of our mocs on our feet---not the store photos of the new, clean, unworn shoes in a basket of straw or whatever the fuck the latest hipster sales meme is...

7. Vaudevillian

Vaudevillian Senior member

Well, my preference goes to Yuketen, yet it's worth knowing that until a few years back, most of their shoes were actually made by Quoddy.

I think now they have their own factory yet they still outsource for several items (dress shoes, etc.)

8. A.L.Z.

A.L.Z. Senior member

Well, my preference goes to Yuketen, yet it's worth knowing that until a few years back, most of their shoes were actually made by Quoddy. I think now they have their own factory yet they still outsource for several items (dress shoes, etc.)
    Can you please explain why your preference goes to Yuketen....you seem to be one of the very, extremely, small number of people here who actually knows the history... vivete a Milano? voi italiano o lo straniero?

9. whatever123

10. A.L.Z.

A.L.Z. Senior member

yuketen did use the quoddy facility (more like a large barn) for a short time many years ago when yuki initially began and sold exclusively to the japanese market. over the past 10+ years they (yuketen) has grown to use several different factories around the us and canada for their current production. they are not constructed in one central place like quoddy's are.
    You are quite right, whatever. Some of the yuketens are made in the same Santo Domingo facility (more like a large mud hut with a corrugated tin roof) in the Dominican Republic that Sebago's Docksides are made in..

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

It's unfortunate many think yuketens are made in their own factory whereas they are made by quoddy in reality.

12. whatever123

13. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

Can my vote go to Russell mocs? [​IMG] Otherwise I voted Yuketen, but must admit that I have not handled Oak Street Bootmaker's shoes yet.
    It's unfortunate many think yuketens are made in their own factory whereas they are made by quoddy in reality.
    Wasn't that a fair while ago?

14. A.L.Z.

A.L.Z. Senior member

Can my vote go to Russell mocs? [​IMG] Otherwise I voted Yuketen, but must admit that I have not handled Oak Street Bootmaker's shoes yet. Wasn't that a fair while ago?
    I don't think so. Yuketen is all about making money, Quoddy about making money while keeping American traditions alive...

15. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Some of you guys sound like teenage girls arguing over Twilight characters.

I like all three - my vote goes to Yuketen in a showdown. I have no problem with the pairs I have from any brand.