• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen vs Quoddy vs Oak Street bootmakers. The Ultimate Showdown

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
relax. it was a joke.

actually, that is one of the few sw quoddy productions i like. they are my size too ... but two pair of quoddys is enough for me.

All good, I was kidding as well.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It's crazy how south willard started all of this moc madness just a few years ago.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
At what point is someone going to post that it doesn't matter they're all ugly and played anyway?

As far as end product goes, without a doubt, Yuketen. There's always a range of styles with interesting leathers.

As far as value/what I'd actually buy next, Oak Street, as their prices are decent and the designs, while not as interesting as Yuk, are solid.

Quoddy is really a manufacturer--their best "styles" are pretty much store requests that they then decide to sell direct.

IMO, quality of build is close enough among these three as to be not differentiable.

I ABSTAIN

I was going to, but it looks like you pretty well took care of that for me

kixslf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yuketen are the best of the 3 simply because they offer the most varied selection of styles and make-ups. Also, as many others have said, Yuke and Ryan offer the best material choices of the three brands.

That being said, I own a few pairs of Quoddys and a few pairs of Yuketens... they are essentially the same thing. It is the small details that set them apart from one another... Yuketen is a bit spendy but once you handle a pair and wear them for a few months ( or years) you can see that they are indeed worth the hefty price tag.

Pangolin

Reaction score
I like Quoddy. The black/red sole bluchers I got from South Willard two years ago are still going strong despite being worn a lot, to the point that I can't justify buying another pair that I have been lusting for for over a year.
Yuketen is interesting, but I'll leave it at that, just interesting. It screams too much "look at my fancy shoes!". I like what they do, but they lack versatility for me. They remind me of these Japanese companies coming up with crazy jeans, that somehow lose their novelty aspect over time. It's good that companies like that exist though, experimentation is fun and important.
I don't care at all for Oak Street. Bandwagoners.

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr bunbury
I own all three, and IMO there's no difference. It just depends which specific style you want to pick up.
They are all made in the same region, with the same techniques, with the same leathers, sometimes at the same factories. There is virtually no difference.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by octopandda
I don't care at all for Oak Street. Bandwagoners.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
It's crazy how south willard started all of this moc madness just a few years ago.
actually, the madness has been around much longer than a few years. sw didnt start ****.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Oak Street oxfords with the Vibram soles and the SW x Quoddy leather bluchers.

I like them both, just about equally...not a huge difference between them. I find the quoddys more comfortable (since they are more sized accurately with a 12.5 vs. the 13 in the Oak Streets which run a tad large for me). The Quoddys fit like a glove..the oak streets...I'd probably take them if I were doing some extensive travelling due to the thicker sole. I get more compliments on the oak streets though, probably since they are blue leather.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Too bad oak streets are just derivative ish, like the julius of the moc world.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody handled the new Epaulet productions that can comment on how they stack up compared to the other three brands listed here?

Multiple people have mentioned that all of these shoes are made in the same factories, so that the quality should be the same across brands, from Epaulet to Quoddy.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
Has anybody handled the new Epaulet productions that can comment on how they stack up compared to the other three brands listed here? Multiple people have mentioned that all of these shoes are made in the same factories, so that the quality should be the same across brands, from Epaulet to Quoddy.
even if they come from the same factory that does not mean the quality will be the same. one might argue the construction will be similar ... honestly, i have not seen the epaulet's in person, however, i suspect they would be similar to eastlands.

A.L.Z.

Reaction score
It's neck-and-neck....

I've already voted....but before I voted, I could see who voted for whom in the poll...now that I've voted, I seem not to be able to do that....can I still see?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads