• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen Footwear

Oldboy

Reaction score
For those who own this season's Maine Guide Ox DB's, is heel slip normal?

I just got my pair (US8D) in from Context and upon trying them on I could feel heel slip in both pairs. I am a US8 in the Quoddy ring boots and chukkas and a US8E in the Yuketen Angler Mocs....all three of these pairs fit spot on.

They feel fine when I put them on but once I start walking my back heels lift up about a 1/2" from the bottom of the inside of the shoes. The front part of the shoe feels fine and there is a 1/2" gap between my big toe and where the stitching starts. I've noticed on this pair that the back heels are basically straight up and down, so they don't really "hug" the back of your feet. Will the back heels eventually conform to the back of my foot?

My gut instinct is to return these and go with a US7.5D.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oldboy
For those who own this season's Maine Guide Ox DB's, is heel slip normal? I just got my pair (US8D) in from Context and upon trying them on I could feel heel slip in both pairs. I am a US8 in the Quoddy ring boots and chukkas and a US8E in the Yuketen Angler Mocs....all three of these pairs fit spot on. They feel fine when I put them on but once I start walking my back heels lift up about a 1/2" from the bottom of the inside of the shoes. The front part of the shoe feels fine and there is a 1/2" gap between my big toe and where the stitching starts. I've noticed on this pair that the back heels are basically straight up and down, so they don't really "hug" the back of your feet. Will the back heels eventually conform to the back of my foot? My gut instinct is to return these and go with a US7.5D.
you will have some heel slip in all mocs, at least that is what ive noticed. how does the width feel? if they feel snug (not tight) i think you will be okay. they wont stretch in the length and will eventually take on the shape of your foot, as im sure you have experienced. also, there are sizing inconsistencies, at least to some extent, from pair to pair so you may have gotten a slightly longer pair in your respective size.

Oldboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
you will have some heel slip in all mocs, at least that is what ive noticed. how does the width feel? if they feel snug (not tight) i think you will be okay. they wont stretch in the length and will eventually take on the shape of your foot, as im sure you have experienced. also, there are sizing inconsistencies, at least to some extent, from pair to pair so you may have gotten a slightly longer pair in your respective size.
The width feels snug...the overall fit feels right everywhere except the back heel. If I push my feet in as far as I can, there is some space between my back heel and the back of the shoe (like 3 quarter coins stuck together). I have a feeling that I could "squeeze" into a US7.5D and then after about a half dozen wears and some stretching, they would fit just right. What also concerns me is that I can slip them on with relative ease. All my other mocs require the aid of a shoe horn to put them on.

werty369

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oldboy
For those who own this season's Maine Guide Ox DB's, is heel slip normal?

I just got my pair (US8D) in from Context and upon trying them on I could feel heel slip in both pairs. I am a US8 in the Quoddy ring boots and chukkas and a US8E in the Yuketen Angler Mocs....all three of these pairs fit spot on.

They feel fine when I put them on but once I start walking my back heels lift up about a 1/2" from the bottom of the inside of the shoes. The front part of the shoe feels fine and there is a 1/2" gap between my big toe and where the stitching starts. I've noticed on this pair that the back heels are basically straight up and down, so they don't really "hug" the back of your feet. Will the back heels eventually conform to the back of my foot?

My gut instinct is to return these and go with a US7.5D.

I own this season's Maine Guide, so trust me.
My normal size is 7.5D~8D. I got me a pair of 8Es.

Heel slip is not only normal.
After days of use, you will be thankful for it!

Chromexcel is very hard and heavy. It rips your skin if you don't wear socks, especially after long travel.
Therefore, you should never want the shoes "hug" your feet. You want them to conform to your feet shape in time so you can feel comfortable in it. Tightness does not mean snugness.
If your slip is worse than I thought (which I doubt), adding shoe pads, tightening up laces and wearing socks are all other options.

Oldboy

Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys, I'm gonna try putting in some heel grips tomorrow to see if they help

JasonV

Reaction score
I have these and have bad heel slip also Oldboy, other Yuketens are fine.

I remember I got a half size down at the time but these were far too tight so went with my true size after advice from SF. I haven't worn them yet properly as weather's been warmer but maybe this is just the way these are?

Oldboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JasonV
I have these and have bad heel slip also Oldboy, other Yuketens are fine.

I remember I got a half size down at the time but these were far too tight so went with my true size after advice from SF. I haven't worn them yet properly as weather's been warmer but maybe this is just the way these are?

I'm beginning to think that as well. I measured the Maine Guide's lengthwise inside the shoe and they are identical in length to my Angler Moc's. So I definitely have the right size, I guess I'll just have to live with a little heel slippage. I think I'm gonna keep this pair and hopefully after a couple weeks of wear they will fit better.

clark kent

Reaction score
theres a very cheap pair of hunting boots on ebay. small size though
frown.gif
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230615147637

CrackedCrab

Reaction score
my first Yuketens, kiltie bluchers from Need Supply Co. I think it's a pebbled chromexcel love them, quality so much better than Quoddy imo please excuse the AG Dad jeans
yuketens.jpg

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ln-cc announced they are going to carry the yuketen line. they did not specify which styles they will carry as of yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads