Yuketen Footwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Nataku, Jul 4, 2008.

1. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

2. the_state

the_state Senior member

By the way, Opening Ceremony should get something in the next few weeks as well. Not sure what, but they will get S/S styles. Colorful boat shoes are to be expected.

OC always manages to stock the ugliest of Yuketen's offerings.

I'm having trouble deciding between Inventory's Tobacco Ranger and Country Loafer. Wish I had the scratch and closet space for both...

3. kixslf

kixslf Senior member

is this what they call the "crazy" color? i think they did something similar in s/s 10 collection. its really cool.

Nope. They do a number of special versions that have multiple panels in multiple colors. The left and right shoe on these "crazy" colorways vary from one another

I believe for SS11 they did it with 3 or 4 different models. I almost picked up a pair but opted for Leopard Yuks instead

4. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

FYI on the 2-tone camp mocc, and I feel comfortable saying this because I know you will sell them anyway and this is not an affiliate thread - Barney's has stock of this same model now. I was at Barney's Costa Mesa last week and they had a full size run - they also have the Maine Guide Shoe in Oxblood (I believe this is what Context is getting) and the Angler Moc in peanut suede with a red brick camp sole.

Barney's also briefly had this camp moc on their website before it sold out.

We'd all prefer to buy from an independent retailer and probably will, just worth noting that the 2-tone camp moc is available - especially to anyone in the area who would like to try it on.

5. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

I'm having trouble deciding between Inventory's Tobacco Ranger and Country Loafer. Wish I had the scratch and closet space for both...

For the most part, I agree with you, although they did stock the peanut suede angler moc crepe wedge this last fall which was and is a beautiful shoe.

Most of their Yuks are bad, it is also frustrating that they won't stock half sizes for reasons I can't figure out.

6. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Nope. They do a number of special versions that have multiple panels in multiple colors. The left and right shoe on these "crazy" colorways vary from one another

I believe for SS11 they did it with 3 or 4 different models. I almost picked up a pair but opted for Leopard Yuks instead

yeah, your right. thanks.

7. whatever123

i actually disagree. clearly they try to differentiate themselves from what everyone else stocks. yes, some of his styles are not for everyone but i actually like what they have been picking up (at least the past two seasons).

8. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Maine Guide Shoe, Oxblood, Barney's Costa Mesa. As of last week they had all sizes. Beautiful shoe - in the right lights it could be mistaken for brown. This is an Iphone pic, so it doesn't really do the shoe justice. I couldn't easily figure out how to flip the image on Imgur, so sorry for the orientation. [​IMG]

9. whatever123

thats a cool style but im not into that color. maybe if it had a black christy sole (or even a crepe sole) it would be a little better. i like the classic styled shoe but in unusual or interesting colors ... oak street and quoddy have the classic thing down, imo. im looking to yuketen for the unique colorways and details.

10. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

i actually disagree. clearly they try to differentiate themselves from what everyone else stocks. yes, some of his styles are not for everyone but i actually like what they have been picking up (at least the past two seasons).

I agree with your sentiment about them trying to differentiate themselves - I don't think anything Yuketen makes is necessarily "ugly," just not for everyone. That said, OC is right down the street from me and I wish they stocked some of the shoes I lust over online like, for instance, Inventory's stock, and in half sizes as well. Last time I went in there they had something like 5 styles, only one of which I really liked.

11. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

thats a cool style but im not into that color. maybe if it had a black christy sole it would be a little better. i like the classic styled shoe but in unusual or interesting colors ... oak street and quoddy have the classic thing down, imo. im looking to yuketen for the unique colorways and details.
    Yea, it's hard to see from my pic, my iphone obviously doesn't have the best color rendition. You know I've been looking for a Maine Guide Shoe to pick up, so obviously I didn't like this one enough to go for it. It is a really beautiful dark red, when you look closely and shift the grain you can see the brighter hues. A lot of people are going to love it. It is just close enough to classic, but slightly different. I still like what Inventory did this last fall better. A crepe wedge on a Maine Guide shoe is definitely a cool idea.

12. kixslf

kixslf Senior member

speaking of unique colorways... I ordered these to compliment the subtle green and brown of my Camp Moc for my SS rotation. [​IMG] note* these are not going to be for sale at Woodlands.

13. brianoh

brianoh Senior member

speaking of unique colorways...

I ordered these to compliment the subtle green and brown of my Camp Moc for my SS rotation.

[​IMG]

note* these are not going to be for sale at Woodlands.

uhh.. really?

14. kixslf

kixslf Senior member

15. whatever123

ya damn skippy.
    lol, that kiltie is so fucking cool. so kix, will you be able to/did you order any of the ghillie mocs?