• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen Footwear

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by racknac
new season looks sweet, but i doubt i will be picking up anymore yuketens next season. Seems to be the same style in new colors/leathers. Like the new maine guides coming out next season which are a bit shorter than the current model, probably more versatile to wear.

I honestly feel a need to find new brands just to add additional versatility/style to my wardrobe. Right now my shoe collection is dominated by yuketen, billy reid and Alden.

its not a bad shoe collection actually
smile.gif

did you ever try any oak streets? i know george just got a shipment of new stuff so maybe ask if you can go see them in person if you still have doubts.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ritchee
Yea, F**k Yea, maybe even a calendar!
lol ... honestly im glad im not the only one that would like to see that. given the nature of the shoe it would have to be a really hot girl to capture the whole dichotomy thing if that makes sense ... someone like chloe sevigny.

racknac

Reaction score
i should e-mail him! I'm thinking i will just wait till he has another pop-up in NYC. Not really in a rush to pick them up, but its on my 2011 KOP list.

I actually spoke to some people around Chicago and they said talked about Oak street, seems there was a falling out with George and one of the other founders...

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
lol ... honestly im glad im not the only one that would like to see that. given the nature of the shoe it would have to be a really hot girl to capture the whole dichotomy thing if that makes sense ... someone like chloe sevigny.

That would be nice with different shoe each month. Maybe tie it in to a shoe of the month or season club.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
that place is the only retailer ive seen that stocks womens widths.

yuketen needs to do an add with a hot chick wearing nothing but a pair of maine guides!

Not even close to what you are asking for, but I believe this woman on the Sartorialist is wearing Yuks...

11211Crowded_0035Web.jpg

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
I'm excited about Yuketen cropping the height of the Maine Guide.
5353996295_a44ea77d1b_z.jpg

is the color of that first boot loden green or is it a new color? it almost looks to light to be lg but it might just be the lighting. i wish he would not use the white cristy sole so much. that boot would look better with the same crepe sole he used on the sport chukka or at least some variation of that sole. regardless, i added these to my **** to buy list this year.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Surprised no one mentioned the Cordovan Maine Guide Boots...

Picture+7.png

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
oh my god! is someone stocking those? i always thought you had to order them directly from yuketen and they were priced between 1-1.2K. the reason i never mentioned them is they are so far outta my league ... **** they are stunning though.

i guess the cordovan from horween is really hard to come by. i guess there is a list you have to be on to get it.

i think epaulet was able to get the cordovan lg loafer and they are amazing. they still have some sizes left.

bbhewee

Reaction score
I've no idea. This came the You Broke The Internet blog... But I can't even fathom the cost. Probably an extra 300-400 bucks over standard offering, seeing as Alden is charging 150-200 bucks more for their cordovan offering compared to the calf shoes.

Also does anyone have any experience with regards to sizing on the Angler Moc and Chukka, compared to the Boat Shoe?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbhewee
I've no idea. This came the You Broke The Internet blog... But I can't even fathom the cost. Probably an extra 300-400 bucks over standard offering, seeing as Alden is charging 150-200 bucks more for their cordovan offering compared to the calf shoes. Also does anyone have any experience with regards to sizing on the Angler Moc and Chukka, compared to the Boat Shoe?
cool, thanks. i think the price for the maine guide cordovan is around $1,200. at least that is what i seem to remember. at one point i checked into it and they asked i put half down and half when they finished it in six months. i was like sure until they mentioned the price. but it may have gone +/- since then ... this was a couple years ago. in my experience, you will be the same size in the angler moc as you are in your boat shoe. i dont have any chukkas but i did try the hunt chukka's in my regular yuketen size and i thought they felt a little large but it wasent large enough to go down a size. now, i do not know if this is true for all chukkas or if i just happened to get one that was cut a little larger. to be safe i would start with your current yuketen size in the chukka. mss, do you agree?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry I can't be helpful on this one, I don't own any Yuk boat shoes but they are a planned purchase for spring when all the shipments come around. I'd say they're probably the same size as long as they are also the same width as your other pair.

As for the cordovan Maine Guides, those are crazy, in a good way, but my idea of Maine Guides is too rugged to want them in the pricey cordovan. However, cordovan Yuks that I'm not going to beat up as much sound very tempting and enticing. Cool find and info.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help, though I'm slightly confused now... haha.

13 in boat shoes, 13 in Angler moc, possibly 12.5 in Chukkas?

mpcec

Reaction score
is the color of that first boot loden green or is it a new color? it almost looks to light to be lg but it might just be the lighting.

i wish he would not use the white cristy sole so much. that boot would look better with the same crepe sole he used on the sport chukka or at least some variation of that sole. regardless, i added these to my **** to buy list this year.

Don't think this is loden green. Saw the loden MGBs at opening ceremony and they almost looked black at a quick glance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads