Yuketen Footwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Nataku, Jul 4, 2008.

1. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

which one?
    hey man, i thought you were going to wait for the oak street...i didnt get mine yet to compare. but those dress ranger w/o the strap are nice. how did they manage that?

2. racknac

racknac Senior member

hey man, i thought you were going to wait for the oak street...i didnt get mine yet to compare. but those dress ranger w/o the strap are nice. how did they manage that?

I'll probably pick up the oak street boots as well... going to meet with the guy in 2 weeks to see them in person. I'm not in a hurry to pick up some oak street boots as it is going into winter and i see them as more spring/summer/fall shoes.

3. whatever123

cool man. you should take pics of his place if they have a set-up and what not.

4. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Those Ranger boots are great. What was the price point?

5. racknac

racknac Senior member

i think they were $465? around there.

6. whatever123

i love that tobacco color. thats a bummer they didnt work.

7. rickvalentine

rickvalentine Member

These are great boots! although as they seem to be a relatively new brand, I cant find a lot of stockists with a good selection, Just noticed that Coggles have started selling a few pairs, but them seem to be the shoes rather than the boots.

anyone know of a UK retailer?

8. whatever123

These are great boots! although as they seem to be a relatively new brand, I cant find a lot of stockists with a good selection, Just noticed that Coggles have started selling a few pairs, but them seem to be the shoes rather than the boots. anyone know of a UK retailer?
    yes and no. yuketen is not new -- per se. they have been around for while. they began selling their shoes in japan and its only been within the past few years they started selling their products here in the states. you can find out more about their history if you do a good internet search. and the reason why yuketen "doesnt have a good selection," although i would disagree with you, is because they only make what their retailers order. if the retailers dont order a specific style, it doesnt get made. its a unique philosophy, which is not for everybody. another new (this past september) line that is yuketen's competition is oak street bootmakers. here is their website to check em out...its good stuff! http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/

9. amin

amin Senior member

These are great boots! although as they seem to be a relatively new brand, I cant find a lot of stockists with a good selection, Just noticed that Coggles have started selling a few pairs, but them seem to be the shoes rather than the boots.

anyone know of a UK retailer?

http://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/brand/20/yuketen/

only other online retailer that i know of in the UK

10. whatever123

11. rick

rick Senior member

12. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

cool boots

Officially been around since 1989, not new at all :p

13. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

Went to the Australian Yuketen stockist today, a shop in Melbourne called Up There. Some very nice, exclusive Yuketen designs: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. racknac

racknac Senior member

surfer mocs are awesome and really comfortable.

15. whatever123

can someone who has bought a yuketen chukka with a camp sole talk about how you sized? did you go up or down? about a month or so ago i tried on a pair of chukka's from revolver with the elevated front/back crepe sole in size 8.5 (which is my yuketen size), and when i put them on my foot slipped around at the back of the shoe, plus i couldnt stand that crepe sole style...so i had to return them. so i am trying to determine if i need to go down a half size in the yuketen chukka or if it was an issue with that particular style.

i found a pair for super cheap and im just wondering if anyone has had any success with the chukka/camp sole combo.