Yuketen Footwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Nataku, Jul 4, 2008.

1. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Got it. Do you think there is actually a chance I could wear these in a size 9 and the heel slip would go away? It's just so confusing to me that they would conform around my foot. It seems if they are too big, if anything they will stretch. Edit: I guess heel slip would come mostly from length...but what actually feels big on me seems to be coming from width. I can't imagine these would conform to me though.
    no, what i was saying is they wont stretch much in the length (in reference to your mg's), at least that is what i have found. in the width, yes, they do mold to your foot over time. yeah, the problem i had with my 8E anglers was the leather around the toe area started to pinch, its really hard to explain without seeing it. and i dont know what this is called in shoe terminology. but mine were leather, not suede. so you might not have the same issue. as long as you have some room between the end of your toe and the start of the shoe and they dont slip, you found your size. they should be tight, but not like you want to chop your toes off tight.

2. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Got it. Do you think there is actually a chance I could wear these in a size 9 and the heel slip would go away? It's just so confusing to me that they would conform around my foot. It seems if they are too big, if anything they will stretch.
    i would take them to shoe repair guy and see if there is a insert you can use, or maybe they can put something in the tip of the shoe to shorten the length or something along those lines. i sure there is something that can be done if you want to keep them. but you need to take it to a shoe guy to figure out what solutions you have. your a fairly popular size so selling them wont be an issue, it just a matter of getting what you want... let us know what you do...

3. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

i would take them to shoe repair guy and see if there is a insert you can use, or maybe they can put something in the tip of the shoe to shorten the length or something along those lines. i sure there is something that can be done if you want to keep them. but you need to take it to a shoe guy to figure out what solutions you have.

your a fairly popular size so selling them wont be an issue, it just a matter of getting what you want...

let us know what you do...

Hmm...now I'm in a predicament. Might have to go find a shoe repair place tomorrow and see if there is any hope for my sizing woes.

Thanks

4. whatever123

hey mss....are your new anglers a E width?

how do you like that sole? getting use to it yet?

5. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

hey mss....are your new anglers a E width?

how do you like that sole? getting use to it yet?

They are an E width. The Maine Guide's are an E width as well...go figure.

I actually have several other non-Yuketen's with crepe soles so i'm fairly used to them.They are great so far!

6. Oldboy

Oldboy Senior member

Lots of sizing issues lately, thought I'd chime in: IME Yuketen's DO NOT run "true to size" (whatever the hell that means), they fit a full size large. I went with my usual dress shoe size 9 when I bought this season's Angler Mocs. After a few wears and major heel slippage I realized that I should have gone a size down. [​IMG] MBrand mentioned this earlier and I'll say it again: the best way to find out your size in Yuketen's if you can't try them on in person is to have your foot measured with a Brannock device. If you measure an 8 on the Brannock device for example, then your Yuketen size is an 8.

7. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Lots of sizing issues lately, thought I'd chime in:

IME Yuketen's DO NOT run "true to size" (whatever the hell that means), they fit a full size large. I went with my usual dress shoe size 9 when I bought this season's Angler Mocs. After a few wears and major heel slippage I realized that I should have gone a size down. [​IMG]

MBrand mentioned this earlier and I'll say it again: the best way to find out your size in Yuketen's if you can't try them on in person is to have your foot measured with a Brannock device. If you measure an 8 on the Brannock device for example, then your Yuketen size is an 8.

Thanks for that.

I concur that they seem to run a full size large if not half size at the least.

8. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

My experience has been Yuketen's chukkas and boat shoes run 1/2 size large.
    The raw, full grain leather stretches out after some wear too, so I would recommend buying a pair that fits snug initially.

9. whatever123

Lots of sizing issues lately, thought I'd chime in: IME Yuketen's DO NOT run "true to size" (whatever the hell that means), they fit a full size large. I went with my usual dress shoe size 9 when I bought this season's Angler Mocs. After a few wears and major heel slippage I realized that I should have gone a size down. [​IMG] MBrand mentioned this earlier and I'll say it again: the best way to find out your size in Yuketen's if you can't try them on in person is to have your foot measured with a Brannock device. If you measure an 8 on the Brannock device for example, then your Yuketen size is an 8.
    lol, yeah...thats a good idea to use a brannock device. and yes, just because i had to go "true to size" or order my dress shoe size, does not mean it will work for everyone.

10. whatever123

so i just got back from my local sneaker retailer (and my god there are some ugly sneakers), anyway, i went to measure my foot using a brannock device. my left foot measured just a tad over the 8.5 line, while my right measured right on the 8.5 line.

so ob and mb are right...use a brannock.

11. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

so i just got back from my local sneaker retailer (and my god there are some ugly sneakers), anyway, i went to measure my foot using a brannock device. my left foot measured just a tad over the 8.5 line, while my right measured right on the 8.5 line.

so ob and mb are right...use a brannock.

Forgive me since I'm sure you already answered this question...what size are you in Yuketen? I'd imagine 8.5 or 8?

I'd imagine I'd run somewhere between 8.5 and 8 w/a brannock.

12. whatever123

Forgive me since I'm sure you already answered this question...what size are you in Yuketen? I'd imagine 8.5 or 8? I'd imagine I'd run somewhere between 8.5 and 8 w/a brannock.
    no problem at all [​IMG] i am an 8.5 in yuketen (but fits slightly large). when i wear them barefoot and lace up there is just a tiny amount of movement on my heel when i tug on the bottom of the sole (at the back), but they still stay on my foot w/o any problems. but i normally wear w/ socks. BUT, i did initially try an 8 in yuketen, which also fit but was a little to small in the toe area. the smaller size also created some weird creasing in the leather...so i went up to an 8.5. i was going to say it might be wise for you to measure your foot on a brannock before you wear your new yuketen's (if you have any questions at all on the fit)...just in case you need to exchange.

13. Simontuntelder

Simontuntelder Senior member

Aarhus/Copenhagen/Herning/Sindal - Denmark
    If I remember correctly Yuketen comes in different widths, so you should probably also be looking at that when you are discussing sizing.

14. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

no problem at all [​IMG]

i am an 8.5 in yuketen (but fits slightly large). when i wear them barefoot and lace up there is just a tiny amount of movement on my heel when i tug on the bottom of the sole (at the back), but they still stay on my foot w/o any problems. but i normally wear w/ socks. BUT, i did initially try an 8 in yuketen, which also fit but was a little to small in the toe area. the smaller size also created some weird creasing in the leather...so i went up to an 8.5.

i was going to say it might be wise for you to measure your foot on a brannock before you wear your new yuketen's (if you have any questions at all on the fit)...just in case you need to exchange.

Thanks, I would if there were even an 8.5 available in the model I bought, but they are only full sizes. Doubt I will find an 8.5, so I'm going to wear these and hope they stretch just a little bit. There's no way the 9 fits me, it's huge.

Odd that the 9 in the Angler Moc is so much bigger on my foot than the Maine Guide, must just be model specific. I imagine an 8.5 maine guide would have been ideal for me.

15. whatever123

If I remember correctly Yuketen comes in different widths, so you should probably also be looking at that when you are discussing sizing.

both of pairs are E width. i tried on a D width at saks a while back and i had a hard time getting my foot in the shoe. i suspect there widths run a little narrow (perhaps because most of their customer are japanese - or maybe they just have narrow lasts). others' might be able to verify this as well.

i say this because i am an D width in every other shoe (dress/casual) i own (with the exception of one -- im a C width in quoddy's maliseet oxford).