Yuketen Footwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Nataku, Jul 4, 2008.

1. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

^

what width did you try? i thought oc only had a D width. did those fit you okay in the width?

i think revolver is getting the maine guide shoe, not the boot next summer/spring. i think that is what you have, right?

people need to e-mail yuketen and they really need to get something on their site that gives accurate sizing info, like a measurement guide or something along those lines like quoddy has. i experienced the same exact thing as you, and its total bull-shit. people's sizing "info" is all over the map and makes finding your size even more confusing. if you going to spend $300-$800 on a pair of shoes and cant try them on they need to do something to help us, at least in my opinion.

better yet, they need to allow us to order through their website. but that will never happen because they want to support their retailers, but a lot of the time they don't know the best size for everyone either. its so FUN!

2. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

The hunt is part of what makes Yuketen so desirable.

The OC shoes were all E width. I think my Maine Guide shoes are D, which makes sense that the narrow almost fits me in 9 and I can fit into an 8 E right?

I'm not by them right now to look.

3. whatever123

no, its not the hunt imo that makes yuketen desirable. its the unique craftsmanship, styles, leather, company philosophy, their history, the fact that they are truly made in limited numbers, etc. is what make yuketen's so desirable...at least to me. the hunt is just a giant pain in the ass.

4. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

The hunt is a pain alright, was looking for some black chukka with crepe soles - apparently they've only made 36 like that in the past couple of years.

5. whatever123

The hunt is a pain alright, was looking for some black chukka with crepe soles - apparently they've only made 36 like that in the past couple of years.
    yeah, i was taking to one of the guys at yuketen and some of the styles never get made. it all depends on what their retailers order. so say you want a pair of ghillie mocs in black from last summer's collection...sool! they have a interesting business philosophy. but it is what it is i guess. im just happy the competition is expanding with some of the new quoddy additions, oak street, and a few others' that will coming up down the road. there great shoes, and making an effort to find them is well worth it, but when you have issues with sizing and all that....eh!

6. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

no, its not the hunt imo that makes yuketen desirable. its the unique craftsmanship, styles, leather, company philosophy, their history, the fact that they are truly made in limited numbers, etc. is what make yuketen's so desirable...at least to me. the hunt is just a giant pain in the ass.

I said (part) of. I wouldn't hunt for something that wasn't all the above quoted. That said, of course I wish I could just order then from their website.

7. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

I'd like a Chukka in dark brown leather with a lug sole.

8. Mbrand

Mbrand Well-Known Member

From My experience and based on my US10.5D feet measured on the brannock Yuketen fitting is pretty accurate so you might just buy your measured size.

9. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

I agree, fuck the hunt. Bought a pair of Maine Guide Boots in all black from TBS. Here's hoping they fit!

10. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

From My experience and based on my US10.5D feet measured on the brannock Yuketen fitting is pretty accurate so you might just buy your measured size.

I would disagree. I think they run 1/2 size to 1 full size large, depending on the model.

11. Shoehorn

Shoehorn Member

I have a pair of Yuketen size 10 Angler Mocs in peanut suede with wedge crepe sole that I purchased from Alex at Opening Ceremony LA.I have worn these shoes twice and find them to run about 1/2 size too large.I have the original box with hand made cloth shoe bag and am looking to sell for $375 including shipping.Please contact me if interested.I would be happy to send pics.You can even call Alex at OC LA to confirm what I am saying.Thanks.

12. Shoehorn

Shoehorn Member

I am selling a pair of Yuketen Angler Mocs in peanut suede with wedge crepe sole purchased from Opening Ceremony LA (salesperson named Alex).They are a size US10 and have been worn only twice.They are approximately 1/2 size too large.OC did not have any 1/2 sizes.I am asking $375 including shipping.I have the original box and handmade cloth sack.Contact me if interested.

13. whatever123

if your selling at full retail, you may have better luck when they run out.

14. racknac

racknac Senior member

whatever, let me know what your preferences are between oakstreet and yuketen. I actually live down the street from oakstreet....

15. whatever123

whatever, let me know what your preferences are between oakstreet and yuketen. I actually live down the street from oakstreet....
    totally. will do, shouldnt be to much longer. i will also compare them to my quoddy's (boat and maliseet). im excited to see...