1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yuketen Footwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Nataku, Jul 4, 2008.

1. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Senior member

I heard from Ryan last night that ranger mocs will be $320 + approx. $20 shipped to the States. Hoping my size doesn't sell out immediately.

2. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

^Good purchase.

I bought the Yuketen Ranger Moccs from OP about a year ago, and I've worn them more than all my other shoes combined (which shows). Very versatile, very tough. The leather laces snapped after 9 months, but the shoes themselves are performing admirably and they age well.

Thanks! Did you find a comparable lace replacement?
    I heard from Ryan last night that ranger mocs will be $320 + approx. $20 shipped to the States. Hoping my size doesn't sell out immediately.

Well that is cheaper, £275 comes to $411 USD as of today, looks like the Inventory Yuketens will run approx $350 USD. Not a huge difference, plus I got the darker brown, the color that inventory will not be carrying, so I guess that was worth the premium[​IMG]

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

^Won't they subtract VAT? Shouldn't be TOO painful...

4. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

^Won't they subtract VAT? Shouldn't be TOO painful...

That is less like £40 something VAT.

5. Simontuntelder

Simontuntelder Senior member

Aarhus/Copenhagen/Herning/Sindal - Denmark
    Call me crazy, but I bought them. Yeah it's a pretty big price to pay for a pair of shoes, but these things seem to sell out so damn fast, I knew if I didn't get them I'd probably be kicking myself.

Hey Ryan, are your shoes going to be priced comparably to the one on Oi Polloi or do they just mark up the shit out of these things? Last thing I want to do is pay £275 only to see them for $275 at Inventory...[​IMG]

Great buy. Nothing crazy about buying fine shoes. I am just surprised how fast Oi Polloi are able to move their goods. They must be thriving in these times.

6. rrosals

rrosals Senior member

Seems like the ranger mocs run true to size. Is this everyone's experience?

7. Ry'on

Ry'on Senior member

Hey - Our Ranger Mocs will be $325 + shipping and should be available in the next couple of days. There are certainly a lot of duties and shipping costs that we have to incurr, even in Canada. So I would imagine it would be worse for Oi Polloi - they also get a lot of pre-orders I think. Thanks. Country loafers are now available online http://inventorymagazine.com/stockro...-loafer-6.html

8. LandoCal126

LandoCal126 Senior member

Ry'on, how does th County Ranger fit in comparison to a RW or Alden sizing wise? Thanks!

9. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Ry'on what the smallest size you ordered in the Ranger Mocc?

Also when will the Chukkas be available?

10. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

11. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

I saw on the stockist that Steven Alan on Franklin St carries...has anybody been and seen what they stock?

12. Ry'on

Ry'on Senior member

Hey,
    8 is the smallest we ordered across the board. I would say the Ranger Mocs fit about 1/2 smaller than RW or Alden. I wear a 9 in RW and Alden, and I wear a 9.5 in the Ranger Mocs.

Chukkas should be available near the end of the month.

13. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

What is the material on the Ranger Moc?

14. Ry'on

Ry'on Senior member

It's called leather I think.

15. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

You got me man...just didn't know if it had some special name

16. LandoCal126

LandoCal126 Senior member

Ry'on, so if I wear a 11 (RW) and 11 or 11.5 (Alden) 11.5 (Cons/ Vans), would you go with a US 11 or US 12 in the County Ranger? Thanks!

17. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

It's called leather I think.
    When someone is asking $350-400 for a unique pair of loafers or mocs, it's only natural that potential purchasers are going to want more info than the model name and price.

I'm familiar with the shoes & own a pair of Yuketen chukkas (and two pairs of Quoddys), but I would still want a sufficient amount of detail -- type of leather, construction, comparison to other models, whatever -- before making a purchase. Especially with an online retailer. It's part of a positive customer experience. All the vendors I deal with do this willingly. If they don't, then my money stays in my wallet.

18. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

19. Ry'on

Ry'on Senior member

^CEE88 - I was just bugging him, he knows. If anybody wants any sort of specific details I am happy to help and offer any information and insight that I can. I would prefer to do it through email and respect the forum however as I am not a paying affiliate too. I am going to see about a restock but I would be a bit surprised. I am surprised how fast the loafers went as well at that price point. I didn't even get a pair and I wanted those the most myself... LandoCal126 - I would generally go up to a 11.5 or 12 if I were you from those references. I can tell you now unfortunately that all my big sizes are spoken for at this point. The big footers have been the first for pre-orders. Oh, btw, these arrived an hour ago... [​IMG] http://inventorymagazine.com/stockro...-ranger-5.html

20. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

I would prefer to do it through email and respect the forum however as I am not a paying affiliate too.

I am going to see about a restock but I would be a bit surprised. I am surprised how fast the loafers went as well at that price point. I didn't even get a pair and I wanted those the most myself...

PM Sent.