• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You've gotta read this ebay description....

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've noticed this seller has some pretty cool stuff-- and looks like a good candidate for the forum, actually. Â The description of the vintage bespoke Flusser suitcoat is worth reading, altho no pictures yet: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....ck=true

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every deatil on this jacket from the buttonaire holes on the lapels to the angle of the peak is again very A&S. This jacket is really super cool.
biggrin.gif

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
How could anybody purchase an article of clothing off ebay without a picture?

Dan

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no picture and doesn't accept paypal... does he want to sell his stuff or not?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great seller, and I think they may read the forum already.

Pictures are always added later - keep an eye on the auction and they will show up. As for not accepting paypal, I can understand the motivation (for one thing, it would save a whole heckuva lot at the end of the year) but it does tend to annoy customers. But their merchandise is good, and they seem to be getting away with it.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not sure annoy is the right word, I won't buy anything from anyone who doesn't accept Paypal, and I imagine I'm not the only person who feels the same way...

I have seen some interesting items from this seller though, they were selling some greens and C&Js before.

housemaidsknee

Reaction score
and as for not accepting paypal - i have been tempted myself to go that way. anobody who has ever had a problem with paypal (for instance a buyer receiving the product and then filing a chargeback anyway) knows that they(paypal) are a ***** to deal with. all paypal wants to do is to cover its ass - they don't give two hoots about the buyer or the seller.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have bought from this seller. I don't remember what it was, but I just checked my feedback, and I definitely have.

aarghh

Reaction score
I have bought a Huntsman suit from this seller - she was very good to work with, and the item was exactly as described.

I paid with BidPay - the lack of PayPal did not bother me.

aybojs

Reaction score
Kellyb is a pretty well-reputed seller; way back in the day I bought my first tuxedo from her, and I always see neat stuff in her auctions.

As for the PayPal thing, I have to say that I now have a policy of doing the exact same thing in my auctions. I had a buyer file a fraudulent chargeback on an item I sold (the guy apparently pulled off a bunch of scams or flaked out on a bunch of transactions at the same time, since his eBay account was eventually suspended due to a sudden backlog of complaints against him), and those assholes not only ignored all the meticulous proof of delivery I presented them, they stole my money, effectively called me a liar, and blocked my account over it. They offer pretty much no recourse of addressing transaction disputes and basically have the deck stacked against the seller. They bury the necessary contact info, force you to work with over simplistic forms that limit your ability to plead your case, and juggle support between random custom service drones so you don't even have the luxury of being able to have someone follow your case and absorb the information over time.

It's kind of sad that they lost a pretty big class action suit over this and they still run their company in such an unprofessional manner. As a seller, I can't at all see why I should have to deal with no protection whatsoever to satisfy some buyers. Money orders and BidPay are IMHO much more efficient, even if they don't have the instant turnaround time transactions due.

Anyway sorry for the derail, but uh... I highly recommend the seller, and I highly recommend that PayPal piss off.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
aybojs:

I've been in a similar position before, and agree with you that the odds are stacked greatly in favor of the buyer when it comes to paypal. In my case though, I find that the benefits outweigh the downsides if you are dealing with any kind of volume, also in many areas, I find paypal's customer service to be the best of any large company I have dealt with. I get priority service though, which may account for the difference.

Edit - the policies have really gotten to be more hard-line since ebay took them over. Though they do not even approach the level of ass-covering policies that ebay hides behind. My real frustrations have been with ebay...

aybojs

Reaction score
Yeah, eBay is also right up there; I haven't done enough volume to get screwed over by them yet (knock on wood) but I imagine they can be quite obnoxious.

I used a premier account with PayPal, and as you've said, their policies are just hard-line to the point of absurdity. When that buyer filed his chargeback, they made it basically clear that they didn't care at all what I did; they would take my money. Tracking numbers, insurance claim numbers, scanned receipts, forwarded official correspondance from both post offices involved... and yet they still had the gall to say I hadn't shipped the guy his item. I mean, I understand the intent of buyer protection, but the playing field is ridiculously skewed and PayPal takes no accountability for their actions. Again, I don't deal in the same volume that you do, so I don't really see any compelling reason to use its service.

Sorry for the thread-jack and the rant, I just think it's a bit myopic to ignore sellers who don't take PayPal, because there are so many valid reasons for not wanting to do so.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
http://www.paypalsucks.com I use paypal as little as possible after reading a little on that site and seeing them make politically biased decisions about who can have an account. In fact I actually closed my old account and only opened one to take donations here, but I may have to use it when my upcoming ebay selling rampage commences. Does anyone know, if I have Paypal set up to go into a savings account with nothing else in it, and I w/d my Paypal money as soon as possible and then clear out the savings account, can someone still defraud me and get money out of me somehow? Say, for example, the checking account linked to that savings account.

aybojs

Reaction score
j,

That's sort of the current situation I'm in. The guy screwed me over for $300+, though I only had ~$100 in my balance at the time (thanks, other moron buyer who PayPal'd me for an auction during the dispute where I outright said, DONT USE PAYPAL). So basically, where I stand now is that PayPal jacked the $100 and still claims I owe them $200, and locked my account pending that.

I of course, was in no way going to pay them, so I had a talk with a bank rep, who told me that they'd have to take me to court to get the rest, and I imagine that it just wouldn't be worth their time (not to mention they'd probably lose because it would actually put them in a position of accountability.). So you're probably fine as long as you make sure the keep your PayPal balance empty on a regular basis. If you're really concerned you could always set up a fresh bank account just for PayPal transactions, but I don't think all the trouble is absolutely necessary.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I used a premier account with PayPal, and as you've said, their policies are just hard-line to the point of absurdity. When that buyer filed his chargeback, they made it basically clear that they didn't care at all what I did; they would take my money. Tracking numbers, insurance claim numbers, scanned receipts, forwarded official correspondance from both post offices involved... and yet they still had the gall to say I hadn't shipped the guy his item. I mean, I understand the intent of buyer protection, but the playing field is ridiculously skewed and PayPal takes no accountability for their actions. Again, I don't deal in the same volume that you do, so I don't really see any compelling reason to use its service.

Sounds like it was shipped to an unconfirmed address?? That leaves you with very little recourse.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads