• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"You're not going to wear those in public, are you?"

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The postman came calling today with goodies from Malaysia--the Crockett & Jones Savile. I opened the package and pulled them from the box, whereupon my seven-year-old daughter said, "Your not going to wear those in public, are you?" "You don't like them," I asked. Her reply: "They look like elf shoes."

atroopan

Reaction score
Cut off her allowance for hurting your feelings
musicboohoo[1].gif

troop

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get a bright green Tyrolean hat with a huge feather in the band and wear it when dropping her off at school and such. That will teach her.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings...

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess she's not a fan of the wholecut monkstrap... well you'll have to tease her about her Gators then!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
With all due respect. Your daughter deserves some grounding, until she turns 18.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they look great. Congrats.

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lovely shoes.

Today at CVS as I was giving some boy-man the once over (before styleforum, this was mainly reserved for attractive women) and was surprised to find, after his baggy checked shirt and average chinos a beautiful pair of similarly-stlyed shoes. I almost wanted him to have ugly bicycle toes to complete the ensemble, but was glad to see some nice shoes for once.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice shoes !

on a related note once I showed the SF forums to one of my hot girlfriends. She told me the shoes in the Show Appreciation threads were all ugly and looked like her grandfather's

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
She told me the shoes in the Show Appreciation threads were all ugly and looked like her grandfather's
laugh.gif

Merckx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clearly you have been negligent in your parenting duties. If she had been raised properly, she would have immediately identified what last they were, commented on their fine construction, and marvelled at how man could create such a thing of beauty.

Just kidding VG, a beautiful pair of shoes, thank you for posting the pictures.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads