• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You're Going On a F**king Diet!!!!

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Swearing surgeon snaps over woman's 'lifestyle' choice

By New Zealand correspondent Kerri Ritchie

A surgeon in New Zealand has received a dressing down for swearing at a severely obese patient.

The female patient made the complaint after a very tense consultation with her surgeon last year.

The New Zealand Herald newspaper reports the doctor said "f..." at least three times after the 44-year-old obese woman told him she did not like the word "diet" and preferred the term "lifestyle".

The doctor told his patient she was "going on a f...ing diet".

The woman was on a waiting list for gastric bypass surgery.

After she complained about his swearing, she received a letter from the surgeon saying they no longer had a "therapeutic relationship" and her name had been removed from his waiting list.

The doctor has admitted using bad language.

New Zealand's Health and Disability Commissioner said the conduct was insulting and unprofessional and he has recommended the surgeon attend a communication skills course.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...11/2816384.htm

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
I love situations where everyone was wrong.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New Zealand's Health and Disability Commissioner said the conduct was insulting and unprofessional and he has recommended the surgeon attend a communication skills course.
Did he also recommend that the woman go on a f**king diet?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
He should honour her lifestyle choices and the people of New Zealand should pay for her lifestyle choices.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
He should honour her lifestyle choices and the people of New Zealand should pay for her lifestyle choices.

Apparently, they are paying for her gastric bypass surgery.

Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Did he also recommend that the woman go on a f**king diet?

No. But he did tell the offending Doctor.

New Zealand's Health and Disability Commissioner said the conduct was insulting and unprofessional and he has recommended the surgeon attend a ******* communication skills course.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
Apparently, they are paying for her gastric bypass surgery.

Something tells me it will not be a successful, long term weight loss for her "lifestyle" either.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Something tells me it will not be a successful, long term weight loss for her "lifestyle" either.

If I were to be charitable to the woman, I'd say she preferred the term 'lifestyle' because it included not only her new diet, but also a complete exercise programme and counseling. But she is probably just another ***** who is scared of the 'D' word.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You've got to love someone who tells it like it is, especially to fatties who always seem to claim they either have a thyroid or genetic problem, rather than an eating problem and are forever deluding themselves.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
You've got to love someone who tells it like it is, especially to fatties who always seem to claim they either have a thyroid or genetic problem, rather than an eating problem and are forever deluding themselves.

I personally know 5 people who were quite obese and are now thin; all 5 come from obese families. 2 of them had gastric bypass surgery and with exercise and healthy eating stay thin. The other 3 didn't have the surgery, but constantly exercise and eat a very healthy diet and as well stay thin. Now, due to the surgery, the first two can lax a bit and they will not dramatically increase weight, whereas the other 3 have to control themselves constantly or they tend to rapidly increase weight.

Ergo, the most important thing is willpower, and not the surgery. If this woman lacks the willpower, she will never be skinny, surgery or no. Thus, the state should deny her the surgery until she is actually serious about actually achieving her goals.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I hate the fats.

laugh.gif
Quoted for irony.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Conne's not fat ._.

r...

Reaction score
********* on a diet, dont try it
I'll jack yo' ass like a looter in a riot

Milpool

Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't see what the doctor did wrong?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics