• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your view and other nice views

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I went out to take a shower today and remembered why I rented this place:

view3smbm1.jpg

Bigger:

Please excuse the shoddy stitch job - I need to get moving today, but giganto panoramic view:

That's the Olympics to the North and Rainier to the South.

So, post your view! Or any view you have pictures of.

(As an aside, I'm pretty disappointed with this new Lumix camera (FZ5) - tons of noise, at least with the auto settings. What's the point of a Leica lens?)

metkirk

Reaction score
Great topic j
inlove.gif
Here's a picture my friend took at night of the street in Hanoi, sorry I don't have any view of places in the US
confused.gif

operaju9.jpg

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. Great views. I don't dare post what mine looks like
blush.gif
(unless you like picxtures of gravel with the occassional tree - filled with pigeons, sparrows and finches)

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Awesome, j. No camera or I'd share my office view, which is pretty nice -- from Century City, looking west over santa Monica to the ocean.
I've always thought of my office view as a perfect illustration of the variability of air quality in LA. On a good day, you can make out quite a bit of detail on Santa Catalina island, which is roughly 26 miles offshore (although I'm not sure, I'm guessing it's probably 8 miles or so from my office to the ocean, so say Catalina is roughly 35 miles away). On a bad day, you can't even tell there's an ocean out there - the horizon just disappears into a brown haze.
eek.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I went out to take a shower today...
Sorry for the derail, but what does this mean j? You go outside for your shower? I am confused.
confused.gif

(Great topic, though. Thanks.)

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It is from the official tourism site: Enjoy
rimshot.gif

www.traunsee.at

I also like this:

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Sorry for the derail, but what does this mean j? You go outside for your shower? I am confused.
confused.gif

(Great topic, though. Thanks.)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was confused about this. Maybe because j lives in Seattle, he just waits until it rains and runs outside with a bar of soap.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is the view from my aunt and uncle's villa in Camerino, Italy. Taken by me August '06.
italyoutfit003ln3.jpg
italyoutfit002wr1.jpg

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the view from the backyard of my last house (Palm Springs, California). Shame about the telephone pole/wires, I know.

view.jpg

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
when I quit being lazy I will upload some pics from my Grenoble apartment (stayed a month summer 05)

tundrafour

Reaction score
J, just don't cut the trees down for an even better view. Apparently this is a bigger problem than you might think in Seattle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads