• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your ugliest tie

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let's see what ya got

dscn2167.jpg

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I didn't feel like firing up the camera, so I stuck em in the scanner.
ties5ei.jpg
What makes them horrible: from left to right Tie number one: 100% polyester. The gold is shiny, the brown is not. Inside the paisleys (not sure if you can see it at this resolution or not) are little designs that looks like penises and balls shooting golden orbs of sperm. Truely classy. Tie number two: 100% French Acetate.
smile.gif
there are about nine different colors on this tie. Most of it is mustard colored, there is also some navy, lavender,teal, white, green, and brown. They are all shiny. The surface is irregular and gives the impression that it is woven of recycled Christmas tinsel. Tie number three: 100% silk. Made in the USA. Brown, Cream, and teal. The main picture is several women using the telephone, whilst coyly looking about for eavesdroppers, but embossed into the texture of the fabric itself is a pattern of horrible blotches, some of which resemble ducks. The combination of the two is truely nauseating in person. My top three of the moment, but I'm always looking for more.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ha! I've stunned everyone into silence!

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We're all at the mall.

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
We're all at the mall.

Ha. Those your kids?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
We're all at the mall.

You doin' all right buddy?

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm the one inside the soda on the right.

Morris

Reaction score
I don't have an ugliest tie, per se. I have ties that a younger fellow might wear - an aggressive looking Valentino comes to mind.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
knitties.jpg
Additionally I have a Van Heusen you guys would probably find ugly, though it was gotten for $8 at Ross out of necessity for a light blue tie.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Thanks. I wear them when I feel like dressing up a bit for a night out or something. Basically meaning any shirt of mine with the collar open tucked into jeans and a sportcoat.
tongue.gif
Both of them were gotten at a thrift store for maybe $8 altogether. The blue one is by Oscar de la Renta (didn't influence my purchase, I noticed it afterwards) and the autumn coloured one by "Christopher Hayes," which I've never heard of before.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
He said ties, not leg warmers.

SEE JOVAN? It is not just me!

(Last time he showed these I mentioned that they looked like socks
biggrin.gif
)

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologize for the crappy pictures - the lighting in my closet leaves much to be desired - but here are probably my "ugliest" ties. (Charvet) Women have an amazing affinity for it, though. (The glen plaid tie under it is a wool Barbera.) (Brioni) The piece on top is the keeper, the tie behind it is a Kiton, and the one under it is a cashmere Zegna. The round tie-hanger thingy was about $5 at Ikea.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Gladwell,

You been doin acid?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads