• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your top travel-wardrobe finds?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this is a thread that would be considered for 'pinning,' but I'm very interested in what everyone has found to be business or stylish items for travel. I'm doing more and more business travel overseas, and have started to build a small collection of stuff but always looking for more ideas.

Still searching for very lightweight/ compact running shoes, sucks because i really like nike+ (which are pretty bulky)

Here are my contributions, which I've found have worked well for me-- I'm still worthless without the hotel ironing board, but making slow progress.

Cole Haan Air Neroli (GREAT sale deal on these at the store, and they have been very comfortable from first wearing, and wearing up to 14 hours+ per day-- works well with khakis, gray, navy, etc. trousers).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Zegna navy blue Microtene rain jacket (has been good for an all-purpose jacket, supposedly regulates temp so you don't get overheated)

[can't find any pix online of this jacket/ no camera computer cable with me right now, but it is thigh-length, lightweight, hidden hood and has a few black nappa leather accents on it]

BASH Gel Shock workout gloves, very lightweight/ easily packable so they take up minimal space, and has cords on fingers for ease in removing after workin out.

Container Store small plastic containers with screw-tops for tolietry items/ hair paste, etc.

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/t...uctId=10024522

Free-from-the-counter Kiehls heavy plastic clear bag with zipper, actually gave up on the shaving case and just take this on trips now. perfect to keep in carry-on and pop into the airline tray for security-scan. has held up perfectly over 10 trips so far.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Handpresso is the most important travel find for me. Ever.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
huh-- have never heard of that one before, looks pretty cool for coffee on the go. might have to look at that as an addition for when i travel to ****** US cities where hotel is far from good coffee.

Any ideas on DEEP v-neck undershirts, by the way? Interested in recommendations, the inexpensive vneck undershits I bought pretty much sit high like normal tshirts on me, no good for open collar wear for work or biz travel when not sporting a tie.

shiftless_bum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203

I want to have your baby. Most awesome find ever...

Diavolo

Reaction score
1. Desert boots. Lightweight, comfortable for long walks, durable, several colors and can be worn with everything from jeans to a casual jacket, chinos and even a tie.

2. Sunblock safari-style khaki jacket from Travelsmith. Light, lots of pockets, concealed hood and looks very cool.

Young Pro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
Zegna navy blue Microtene rain jacket (has been good for an all-purpose jacket, supposedly regulates temp so you don't get overheated)

[can't find any pix online of this jacket/ no camera computer cable with me right now, but it is thigh-length, lightweight, hidden hood and has a few black nappa leather accents on it]

Based on the description, I think I just bought this same jacket. I love it as well, very versatile, works well with jeans, chinos and dressier trousers. Also very lightweight and easy to roll up and pack if necessary.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For this time of year, linen. It's very comfortable and wears well, if you don't mind the wrinkles. Also, shell cordovan shoes, they require minimal maintenance.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203

that is very cool

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may take up coffee drinking, just so I can buy one of these.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ha ha

It has made travel in random places much more civilized for me. Funny things is that I get a better morning coffee now when I stay at some random mid-level business hotel than in a high end Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental. Reason is that I can get hot water from the awful coffee machine in my room at these business hotels and make myself a couple of espressos before I even leave the room. At high end hotels, I use hot water from the tap - it's OK as I don't like to drink my coffee very hot, but it's not ideal. My dad has one too (last year's Fathers Day present from me) and he travels with a little thing you put in a water cup to boil water.

Matt B

Reaction score
Any ideas on DEEP v-neck undershirts, by the way? Interested in recommendations, the inexpensive vneck undershits I bought pretty much sit high like normal tshirts on me, no good for open collar wear for work or biz travel when not sporting a tie.

American Apparel sells these about $20 per. The ones with some viscose in them are more form fitting and work well under shirts. Jockey also makes some with a reasonably deep V, but the AA design is definitely more pronounced.

M

Diavolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt B
American Apparel sells these about $20 per. The ones with some viscose in them are more form fitting and work well under shirts. Jockey also makes some with a reasonably deep V, but the AA design is definitely more pronounced.

M

wintersilks

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Still searching for very lightweight/ compact running shoes, sucks because i really like nike+ (which are pretty bulky)
i use Nike Free. they take up as much space in luggage as a pair of flip flops. the tradeoff, however, is your feet will take more of a pounding if you're used to a more cushioned shoe

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads