Your Top 5: TV Shows That Were Cancelled Too Early

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by ArteEtLabore14, Nov 17, 2010.

1. greenleaflettuce

greenleaflettuce Well-Known Member

Carnivale
    Rubicon
    Deadwood
    Arrested Development
    Flash Forward

2. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

I've never seen a single episode from any of these shows. [​IMG]

Not suprised. Deadwood I'd recommend to everyone, but most of them are pretty special niche shows and probably just weren't appealing to wide audiences. Some of them are available on hulu for free though.

A lot of them had potential to go interesting place but never quite made it. Something like John Doe was an interesting concept and never had the mystery behind it revealed, although from what I've read that's probably a good thing.

Some of them like American Gothic, Earth 2, and Werewolf were in no way masterpieces, but shows I enjoyed as a kid and would have liked to have seen more of them at the time. Not sure I'd be as excited about them now.

3. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Carnivale
    Rubicon
    Deadwood
    Arrested Development
    Flash Forward

+1

4. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Deadwood, Freaks and Geeks and Police Squad! are the only ones that come to mind. A lot of the ones mentioned (Twin Peaks?) were good shows but had really run their course by the time they ended.

5. AldenPyle

AldenPyle Senior member

Quark
    The Associates
    Buffalo Bill
    Ellery Queen
    The David Letterman Show

6. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Battlestar Galactica TOS
    Keen Eddie

7. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Castle's alright, but in the same way Bones is alright. They can be fun to watch, but you keep remembering the better shows the lead actors were in. [​IMG] Edit: Yes, I am a Joss Whedon fanboy.
    I should have been clearer. My facepalm was pretty much due to the reason you just provided not because I don't like Castle or anything. [​IMG] And it's funny you mention Bones because it's one of my favorite shows on television right now. Never seen an ep of Castle though..

8. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I actually enjoy Castle a lot. It's one of the very few shows my gf and I watch live; probably because we're generally sitting around at home on the couch at 10pm on a Monday night...

9. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I should have been clearer. My facepalm was pretty much due to the reason you just provided not because I don't like Castle or anything. [​IMG]

And it's funny you mention Bones because it's one of my favorite shows on television right now. Never seen an ep of Castle though..

I like Bones, but it weirded me out to see David Boreanaz walk around in daylight all the time when it first started. [​IMG]

Castle is good too. One of the few shows that actually pulls off sexual tension between the main characters. If Nathan Fillion does not break into film soon there is no justice in the world. He's such a great lead.

10. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Oh, I got another show to add! The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brian. EDIT: Make that two. ANGEL. Whedon was planning on ending it the 6th season anyways and the network decided to cancel it during the 5th. The only saving grace was they let him finish the season and gave him time to write a true final. I always felt like the last episode was brilliant and tone perfect to the show, but there were way too many plot threads that didn't get tied up. That and the fate of Wesley made me [​IMG] Wesley was such a total bad ass. [​IMG]

11. aizan

aizan Senior member

my so-called life
    twin peaks
    berserk
    fawlty towers
    fox force five

12. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

JMRouse, I like Joss Whedon as much as the next guy but there comes a point when people give him too much praise. Buffy, for example, I felt ran a little too long. Angel, like you said, was cut too short. I'd say Dollhouse was somewhere in-between -- given the circumstances, I think it ended pretty well. And as an aside, I was a big fan of his run on Astonishing X-Men.

13. milosz

milosz Senior member

I'm still not sure exactly what happened over the last couple of episodes of Deadwood.

14. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

I guess I would like to have had more Twilight Zones and more Star Treks, but by the time they were cancelled they were pretty tired, so maybe it was for the best.

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Battlestar Galactica TOS
    Keen Eddie

normally I disagree with you just as a matter of principle, but big +1 on the Keen Eddie.

Also:

Mr. & Mrs. Smith (far-fetched, but stupid fun Friday evening TV)
    The Pretender (although it never seemed to actually GO anywhere - Ms. Parker was the shiznit)

hmmm, this is harder than I thought. Perhaps I should actually watch this 'TV' thing once in a while.