• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your thoughts on whitening strips.

Looney09076

Reaction score
I take good care of my teeth, brush twice a day, floss in the afternoon, etc. But they just aren't as white as I'd like them to be. I don't have a ton of money to dish out on teeth whitening, so I was thinking about just getting some whitening strips like I'd seen in the commercials. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them or has any reccomendations or advice. Thanks! Sorry in advance for any typo's, I'm scribbling this out on the iffy iTouch keyboard.

Lawl.

Reaction score
Surpisingly, they do work.

In fact, im wearing them right now.

Ive gone through half a pack (20-30$ for the pack mind you) and they are noticeably whiter.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
lawl? u mad?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
The Oral-B Rembrandt Whitening Strips work better than Crest Whitestrips in my experience.

coopster

Reaction score
I can vouch for the crest white strips as well. 3 weeks twice a day and they were whiter.

I had a buddy go to the dentist and get them bleached or whatever, and besides costing close to a grand, he couldnt eat anything firm for about 4 days because his teeth were so sensitive.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a dentist.

- drug store strips work
- dentist provided 10-15% carbamide peroxide gels work better
- dentist applied 40% solutions work equally well as less concentrated solutions, but work much faster
- any sort of "zoom" product is nothing more than a marketing gimmick
- sensitivity is relatively normal and almost always transient; try to "fight through it"
- literature states that bleaching (in moderation) has essentially no permanent effects on the enamel or the pulp of the tooth

End thread.

taktikz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Notreknip
I'm a dentist.

- drug store strips work
- dentist provided 10-15% carbamide peroxide gels work better
- dentist applied 40% solutions work equally well as less concentrated solutions, but work much faster
- any sort of "zoom" product is nothing more than a marketing gimmick
- sensitivity is relatively normal and almost always transient; try to "fight through it"
- literature states that bleaching (in moderation) has essentially no permanent effects on the enamel or the pulp of the tooth

End thread.

Thanks for the heads up

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used crest whitestrips back in college and they made a noticable difference.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished a box a crest white strips and there is definately a difference.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, crest whitening strips work, although one caveat - they don't seem to work very well on caps. One of my front teeth was capped 10-12 years ago because of an old street football accident, and the different between the cap and the regular teeth became slightly noticeable after using a box of the crest strips.

At some point I'm probably going to get a dentist whitening procedure + new cap on the front tooth at roughly the same time, but right now it's kind of a pain in th ass not to not be able to take advantage of the drug store stuff.....

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They tend to suck if your teeth are already pretty white. Go with 20% carbamide peroxide at least. It helps to have custom trays as well. These can be had over the Internet from kits for about $50.

taktikz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
They tend to suck if your teeth are already pretty white. Go with 20% carbamide peroxide at least. It helps to have custom trays as well. These can be had over the Internet from kits for about $50.

Any particular site you order from?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads